Mystery Lovers! discussion

Random Chats > Who's your favorite author? - Great Mystery Reading Survey

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (new)

April (apriloz) Hello Mystery Enthusiasts! I'm an NYU grad student doing my thesis on the future of mysteries in the digital age. This survey should take 5-10 minutes, and it will be an immense help to me. Please click on the link below to continue.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...

Thanks a ton!

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 45 comments April, I couldn't complete your survey. This is a fairly frequent experience for me. I'm an oddball. So the addition of options like None of the Above, No Preference and Not Applicable are always necessary when I'm taking a survey.

message 3: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) April, I just took your survey. Hopefully it will help with your thesis. You will have to let us know how you do on it.

message 4: by Kendall (new)

Kendall (kendallfurlong) | 11 comments Took the survey. Had to answer 'all of the above" on several. Hope it doesn't skew your results.

message 5: by Trish (new)

Trish | 1 comments Hi,
I took the survey too, would be nice to hear the results once they are available.

message 6: by Betty (new)

Betty (nightreader) | 68 comments I took the survey and thought it was pretty good. Hard to narrow it down to 3 favorites though.

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) I took the survey. Thanks.

message 8: by onarock (new)

onarock | 29 comments April wrote: "Hello Mystery Enthusiasts! I'm an NYU grad student doing my thesis on the future of mysteries in the digital age. This survey should take 5-10 minutes, and it will be an immense help to me. Please ..."

i took your survey as well, and like Shomeret, some questions i was unable to answer as well.

heres to an awesome thesis

k

message 9: by onarock (new)

onarock | 29 comments April wrote: "Hello Mystery Enthusiasts! I'm an NYU grad student doing my thesis on the future of mysteries in the digital age. This survey should take 5-10 minutes, and it will be an immense help to me. Please ..."

i took your survey as well, and like Shomeret, some questions i was unable to answer as well.

heres to an awesome thesis

k

Laurie (Kwiltreader) (lauriekwiltreader) | 26 comments Also took survey and would also like more choices for answers. Thanks

message 11: by Jim (last edited Feb 24, 2011 09:51AM) (new)

Jim | 101 comments survey was interesting - never thought about online game for book reading - not for me personally but I'm sure for a lot of people it would enhance the experience and anything that gets more people to read, the better.

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth I took it. Interesting survey. What kind of premise are you gathering information on? What do you hope to learn from the study?

message 13: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 35 comments HI April, I took your survey also.

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) mee too

message 15: by Ellis (new)

Ellis Vidler (ellisvidler) | 42 comments I took it too, but I have way too many favorite authors to list. I named three but then something came up about Julia Spencer-Fleming, whom I'd forgotten. She should have been on my list. Just too many good writers out there to narrow it down. April, will you let us know about any significant findings? It would be interesting.

message 16: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 69 comments Enjoyed taking the survey. I'd be very interestedd in seeing the results of the 3 favorite authors query. Like many posters it was hard to limit myself to three.

message 17: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynlively) Taken, thanks.

Faves are Dick Francis and James Ellroy.

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Flynn (SamanthaFlynn) | 2 comments I am crazy about T.P.Boje. She is not very well known yet but I bet she will be.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I enjoy Ruth Rendell and also when she writes as Barbara Vine, Pd James, Minette Walters, Agatha Christie and the earlier Patricia Cornwall novels.

message 20: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (allreadybooked) I'm sorry when I got around to taking the survey it was gone. But I do love british mystery writers.