The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Who's your favorite mystery author? - Great Mystery Reading Survey

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (new)

April (apriloz) Hello Mystery Enthusiasts. I'm an NYU grad student doing my thesis on the future of mysteries in the digital age. This survey should take 5-10 minutes, and it will be an immense help to me. Please click on the link below to continue.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...

Thanks a ton!

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina (pickledplatypus) | 15 comments That's a very interest topic!

This is a comment regarding the survey; I used to write surveys professionally, as well as have conducted several graduate research studies. Several of the questions have a forced choice, rather than being able to select all that apply. If you want to keep the forced choice, you can reduce frustration by acknowledging that several answers may apply, but asking the respondent to select the answer that best applies. For instance, the following question, "How do you find new books or new series?", can be reworded into "While you might use various sources to find new books or new series, which of the following do you tend to use the most?" Or depending on what you really want to know, "While you might you various sources to find new books or series, which of the following results in the best reads?" etc.

One other quick suggestion - For the following question, "What format do you prefer for reading print books? Hardbacks or Paperbacks" Did you consider leaving out the word "print" and including "digital or ebooks" as an option?

Of course, you can take all of the above with a grain of salt. :-)

Good luck!

Tina

message 3: by April (new)

April (apriloz) Thanks, Tina. Very helpful. I'll make those changes asap.

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) I just completed your survey.........hope it is helpful.

message 5: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Finished the survey. Very interesting. I hope you will share some of the results with the group.

message 6: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
I just did it too. Do let us know what you discover and good luck with your research.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth | 408 comments I took it. Once you collect and analyze your data, I hope you'll report back on your findings here.

message 8: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikak) | 1 comments It would be very interesting to hear your findings - I do hope you'll share!

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (mortuivivosdocent) That was very interesting! Please do share the results!

message 10: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 464 comments I completed it. Good survey.

message 11: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 186 comments I've completed your survey. Good luck with it and it would be interesting to see the results.

message 12: by Mark (new)

Mark Adair (markadairauthor) | 8 comments I responded as well, April. As a reader and a writer who recently moved into the digital world (Kindle), I'm interested in this as well.