Children's Books discussion

Specific Books & Authors > Jeanne Willis

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (onthemove) My son and I just discovered Jeanne Willis when we read Gorilla Gorilla. I have also ordered more of her books from our local library.
I loved the story line about a mouse that is scared of a Gorilla that is chasing her and the wonderful ending. I loved the colors used and the way the drawing were done.

Anyone else enjoyed this author?

message 2: by Cheryl is busier irl atm., Newbery Club host (new)

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 6248 comments Mod
I didn't recognize any of the titles listed for Jeanne Willis - and they look so cute! Thanks for the tip - I've made a note for the next trip to the library.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (onthemove) I am not sure how I found her ut I really enjoy her stories. I have a few on order from our library. Maybe we should all read a few and come back and write about them.

I will have to order Bog Baby, I didn't even see that title.

Can't wait to see what you guys think about Gorilla Gorilla

message 4: by ABC (new)

ABC (mary6543) | 341 comments Sorry, I have never heard of her, but her books look cute.

message 5: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leighb) Leslie wrote: "My son and I just discovered Jeanne Willis when we read Gorilla Gorilla. I have also ordered more of her books from our local library.
I loved the story line about a mouse that is scared of a G..."

I think the book is brilliant and read it to my daycares often. They love to recite "Stop! Stop!" in a deep gorilla voice.

message 6: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Kathryn | 5767 comments Mod
Last I checked, my library didn't have any of her books :-( But I do have The Bog Baby on my To-Read list. You've reminded me to check and see if my library has these now :-)

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (onthemove) We just read That's not funny! I can not tell you how much I love this author!! She is so good. When we read her books I never know where she is going or how it will end. Every book my son asks for it to be read again and loves them.

Am I the only one who loves her???

message 8: by Cheryl is busier irl atm., Newbery Club host (last edited Apr 11, 2011 04:46PM) (new)

Ok, I finally read The Long Blue Blazer. I don't really understand the appeal. I mean, it's a cute surprise ending, but why would one re-read it?

message 9: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (onthemove) I am sorry that you didn't like that book. I didn't even know she wrote that.

But we just read bog Baby and enjoyed it but was curious what others thought?

What I love about Jeanne Willis is that it seems like every book is different and I never know how things will end.

message 10: by Cheryl is busier irl atm., Newbery Club host (new)

I still haven't had my request for Gorilla filled, and my library system doesn't even own Bog Baby. :(

message 11: by Cheryl is busier irl atm., Newbery Club host (new)

Ok, I got a copy of The Monster Bed. It was pretty cute, a reversal on the classic fear. I'd love to hear what children think of it.