YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Book talk > Beautiful Cover-Bad book

Comments Showing 1-50 of 158 (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
so we have alll read a book that had a great cover but the book itself sucked!! post your pick and tell us why you disliked the book

message 2: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton

Okay I didn't even finish it. I thought it was bad because well..I dunno I just didn't like it. I liked the idea of it but the characters annoyed me.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ruined A Ghost Story by Paula Morris

It didn't suck, but it wasn't great either.

Want to throw Halo into this one, but I didn't read far enough in it to be fair. It just bored me right off the bat.

message 4: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

dito on the Halo Stacia i read like maybe 100 pages and then just gave up :(

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber PRIME example.

message 6: by Katty (new)

Katty | 418 comments Hey, it surprises me that neither of you have posted Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate or Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel here xDDD

message 7: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Meghann is Much Muchier wrote: "Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber PRIME example."

I am never touching her books.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I almost did Katty. You know how I feel about both of those. Fallen sucked until the end. The end was okay enough to make me want to continue the series.

Evermore didn't completely suck for me, but I didn't like it enough to want to continue on with the series, especially because that one is supposed to be the best of the books...ugh.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I heard Vampire Kisses was a pretty fun, light read.

message 10: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I'm not putting fallen because I love my Cam <3

message 11: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 19, 2011 12:31AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Enchanted Again by Nancy Madore

I downloaded this one for free because it was supposed to be "naughty fairy tales." Okay...sounded fun and sexy.

That could be the worst possible book I've ever read. It was SO creepy. It was like horror meets weird fetish book.

message 12: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Meghann is Much Muchier wrote: "I heard Vampire Kisses was a pretty fun, light read."

My friend started it and put it down. The girl goes on about loving being a goth and loving vampires when she was 4 apparently.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Britnee - As mad as a hatter wrote: "I'm not putting fallen because I love my Cam <3"

Me too, but the storyline in that one sucked. Only Cam and the ending made me give it a 3 and that was being generous.

Torment was better though, at least I think so.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Word. That's pretty weird. Okay, you got me.

message 15: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "Britnee - As mad as a hatter wrote: "I'm not putting fallen because I love my Cam

Me too, but the storyline in that one sucked. Only Cam and the ending made me give it a 3 and that was being g..."

I actually like Fallen better I think just because my main reason for liking the series is Cam and the lack of him in Torment pisses me off.

message 16: by Schay (last edited Feb 19, 2011 08:33AM) (new)

Schay | 740 comments Katty wrote: "Hey, it surprises me that neither of you have posted Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate or Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel here xDDD"

Gaaaahh, I HATE the Immortals series! Especially that Ever Bloom. (The fact that she has the same surname as Orlando Bloom does not redeem her AT ALL.)
Nobody listens to each other, espeically in books 3 and 4, and I swear I actually bit off a chunk of the books >:O
And don't even get me started on Fallen...*starts muttering*

Anyways, hi everyone :)

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) Hi Schay :) WElcome.

I love the Fallen cover but wasn't overly happy with the story. But it was way better than Evermore!

message 18: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Meghann is Much Muchier wrote: "Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber PRIME example."

aww man this book was bad??? that sucks :(

message 19: by Katty (new)

Katty | 418 comments Schay wrote: "Katty wrote: "Hey, it surprises me that neither of you have posted Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate or Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel here xDDD"

Gaaaahh, I HATE the Immortals series! Especially that Eve..."

hahahaha calm down Schay, how are you? =)

message 20: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "I almost did Katty. You know how I feel about both of those. Fallen sucked until the end. The end was okay enough to make me want to continue the series.

Evermore didn't completely suck for m..."

it was :( the series after that is literally about how they cant have sex cuz Ever messes up and gives Damon this potion that if the touch each other he will die....then Haven becomes Immortal and an even bigger pain in the ass and a new guys starts trying to get with Ever thats it in a nutshell not to action packed

*Mrs. Brightside* I liked the first book, but I couldn't get through the others /:

message 22: by Déa (new)

Déa Solin Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
One of the most beautiful covers.
And one of the most horrible books I've ever read (even though I haven't read the whole thing yet. I just can't finish it).

message 23: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

*Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "I liked the first book, but I couldn't get through the others /:"

i honestly wouldnt bother :( they are soo bad

message 24: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Andréa wrote: "Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
One of the most beautiful covers.
And one of the most horrible books I've ever read (even though I haven't read the whole thing yet. I just can't finish it)."

lol yea te book is bad till like what the last 50pages or soo...it does get better in Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate

message 25: by Michele (new)

Michele Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

Boring!

message 26: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I didn't even think of Matched! totally agree

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) No way! I loved Matched!

message 28: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I thought it was too slow! Love Delirium though which is kinda the same idea.

message 29: by Charie (new)

Charie (ccraynon) | 6 comments Meghann is Much Muchier wrote: "No way! I loved Matched!"

Ditto!!

mm. bad this one is bad Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel ...and... Immortal (Immortal, #1) by Gillian Shields

message 30: by Charie (new)

Charie (ccraynon) | 6 comments and... My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares

message 31: by Charie (new)

Charie (ccraynon) | 6 comments Michele wrote: "Life would be boring if everyone thought the same."

i absolutely agree. :)

message 32: by Michele (new)

Michele :)

message 33: by Charie (new)

Charie (ccraynon) | 6 comments hey Michele, you're currently reading some books? :D

message 34: by Schay (last edited Feb 20, 2011 05:17AM) (new)

Schay | 740 comments Katty wrote: "Schay wrote: "Katty wrote: "Hey, it surprises me that neither of you have posted Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate or Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel here xDDD"

Gaaaahh, I HATE the Immortals series! Especia..."

LOL Sorry, got a bit carried away for a moment.
I'm actually feeling great :0 It's half-term for me (a week off) and I'm tearing through my to-read list. I'm even turning nocturnal :D

message 35: by Michele (new)

Michele Just finished Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) and now I'm finishing up Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3).I was starting Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)but just not getting into it so I'm going to read Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)instead.I've been wanting to start that for ages.

message 36: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 20, 2011 01:15PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Nicole wrote: "and...My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares"

Isa and I complained about that one too. The book was so good and then the ending was terrible. BUT...someone told me on my review that there is going to be a series made from this book, so if we get a second book and it means the first one wasn't a crappy cliffhanger, I will go back and give a better review for this one. After all, it was just the cliffy ending that killed it really.

@ Michele,

Succubus Blues is verrrrry slow to start. I didn't like the book until it was more than halfway through. You probably saw me bitch about the slow starts on the first couple of books. The series does gets better with each book, thankfully (book 4 was realllly good). If I hadn't loved Vampire Academy so much I might have quit before getting to the good part, but I had faith in Mead and she didn't steer me wrong.

I'm happy to see someone else read Tairen Soul though! The few friends I know that love it aren't in this group so it will be nice to have someone else to talk about it with!

message 37: by Katty (new)

Katty | 418 comments Schay wrote: "Katty wrote: "Schay wrote: "Katty wrote: "Hey, it surprises me that neither of you have posted Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate or Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel here xDDD"

Gaaaahh, I HATE the Immortals s..."

hahaha don't worry, we all get carried away at times =P

and that's awesome!! hahaha it makes two of us with the nocturnal thing xD

message 38: by Sasha (new)

Sasha | 512 comments Katty wrote: "Hey, it surprises me that neither of you have posted Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate or Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel here xDDD"

I agree with both of these. Fallen has a great cover but was kinda disappointing. And The Immortals was awful! So bad.

message 39: by Carina (new)

Carina OK well if no one else is going to post it then I will:

Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto

The cover is amazingly beautiful, but the book it self?.....not so much =/ (IMO)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I couldn't even get into it, so I had a hard time saying it was bad if I didn't really read it.

message 41: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) It sounds dumb so I'm never reading it.

*Mrs. Brightside* Okay, these are books that were just okay. Could've been better. Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer aaannnnd that's all I can think of right now. One of the Twilight books too, but I can't remember which one.

message 43: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Ah. Fallen. Used to be my most favourite book but now it kinda sucks.

*Mrs. Brightside* Haha, wow. Yeah... It wasn't really great. I hardly remember it now.

message 45: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "Haha, wow. Yeah... It wasn't really great. I hardly remember it now."

I like Cam. Thats all I like. There are way better books tbh.

*Mrs. Brightside* Yup, same. And I also didn't like Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) by Melissa de la Cruz Blah! Pissed me off.

message 47: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "Yup, same. And I also didn't like Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) by Melissa de la Cruz Blah! Pissed me off."

Lol! Why? its..okish xD

*Mrs. Brightside* Haha. Jack and Mimi...ugh. And Sky (I'll call her that) was annoying. Oliver was a big baby. So yeah, I was pretty PO by the ending. "You have to choose between me and/or him!" or something like that. I'll never forget it.

message 49: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "Haha. Jack and Mimi...ugh. And Sky (I'll call her that) was annoying. Oliver was a big baby. So yeah, I was pretty PO by the ending. "You have to choose between me and/or him!" or something like th..."

Haha right! I still love them though. I love the drama xD In the 5th one i liked Mimi most

*Mrs. Brightside* The 5th one...I haven't read that one yet): The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4) by Melissa de la Cruz was the last one I read. But Mimi started growing on me in the end, so hopefully I'll like her too(: I think I started liking her because I felt bad for her.

« previous 1 3 4