YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Book talk > Quotes & Scenes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 371 (371 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This isn't reinventing the wheel. So many groups have quote topics, and it can't hurt to have one here too because they're fun.

Please be careful of spoilers. Let's not ruin the books for people just starting the series by giving away spoiler info from later books in the series.

If you're unsure whether it's a spoiler, use the spoiler tag.

< spoiler> Your spoiler text goes here . Remove the space in front of the word spoiler and this link will work.

Please post a picture of the book or series you're referencing if at all possible. In the chat window, you can click on add book/author and scroll down to the bottom and check the circle that says "cover" instead of "link."

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 20, 2011 02:07PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

Doing the whole series since I had a list of quotes and didn't mark which books they were in.

"Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."

"Not everything is about you," Clary said furiously.
"Possibly," Jace said, "but you do have to admit that the majority of things are."

"Don't." Clary raised a warning hand. "I'm not really in the mood right now."
That's got to be the first time a girl's ever said that to me," Jace mused"

"You said you were going for a walk!? What kind of walk takes six hours?"
"A long one?"

"Have you tried talking to her?"
"No. We've been punching her in the face repeatedly. What? You don't think that will work?"

"Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?" asked Jace.
"It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath."
"As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome," said Simon.
"I knew we should have left you a rat."

Spoiler Quotes from City of Ashes (view spoiler)

message 3: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 18, 2011 11:38PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Generation Dead (Generation Dead, #1) by Daniel Waters

"Go home and put on your Zombie Power! T-shirt."
"I didn't get one of those. I got Some of My Best Friends Are Dead."
"I've been thinking of some good ones for next week : Life Is Just a State of Mind, and He Who Dies With the Most Toys...Is Sitting Over There."

message 4: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 19, 2011 01:03AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead

Adrian studied Lissa and then looked at Christian sprawling on the bed on the far side of the suite. "Huh," Adrian said, letting himself in. "So that's how you're going to fix the family problem. Little Dragomirs. Good idea."

(later)

"Real sleep. You need it. Of course, if you want to conduct any official Council business.."
"I swear, if you say 'Little Dragomirs' you can sleep in the hall."

He looked at each of our faces, no doubt wondering what a Moroi, a dhampir, and a human were doing at his door. It sounded like the start of a bad joke.

One group from the Tarus family stood face to face with a Conta group, looking prepared for either a gang fight or a dance-off.

message 5: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Ooh good topic.

message 6: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
totally!!

message 7: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 18, 2011 11:46PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) by Rachel Caine

"Perv."
He pointed to himself. "Male and eighteen. What's your point?"

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

"That was enterprising." Will sounded nearly impressed. Nate smiled.

Tessa shot him a furious look. "Don't look pleased with yourself. When Will says 'enterprising', he means 'morally deficient'.

"No, I mean enterprising." said Will. "When I mean morally deficient, I say 'Now, that's something I would have done."

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) (first quote is a little scandalous, so skip it if you don't like that kind of thing. Would've hid it in a spoiler tag, but it's not letting me double code without errors tonight)

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Woman gets romantic letter from her cultured Romanian vamp boyfriend - written in romantic prose and ends with :

You have slain the dragon

Until we meet again, I am your Lucien

Brother picks up letter and reads it to himself and says :

You have slain the dragon? What the hell does that mean? How big is this guy's *censored* anyway?

(in this quote, the word "tote" refers to a several thousand dollar purse that her boyfriend sent her)

It was a bite. There was no denying it.

"The inside of her upper thigh," Alaric said. "I should have checked there from the start."

"No wonder he sent you a tote," Jon said.

"I'm not evil," he ground out. "Well, not anymore."

"I believe the words 'anointer of all that is unholy' were used in reference to you," Meena said. "Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, that doesn't suggest anything good."

(group at restaurant is starting to get annoyed with a man at the next table talking loudly to his child on the phone while entertaining a mistress over lunch, so one of the group reaches over and takes the phone)

"Munchkin," Jon said into the cell phone. "Can you tell your mommy that your daddy can't talk now because he's having lunch with another woman? And that the other woman has really big boobies? Be sure to tell Mommy about the lady's boobies."

"Okay," said Munchkin excitedly back into the phone.

message 10: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
LOL i love that quote ~sigh~ Will!!

message 11: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 18, 2011 11:53PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Okay, I think that's all for now. I have a lot more, but I'll save them for later so I'm not filling up pages and pages right now. There's a few other groups that I've posted a crap ton of quotes in so I will scroll through them at some other time.

Oh lord, that dragon quote still kills me. :)

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "(first quote is a little scandalous, so skip it if you don't like that kind of thing. Would've hid it in a spoiler tag, but it's not letting me double code without errors tonight)

[bookcover:In..."

Have to read that lol

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Brittany "I am so sick of you pulling this Batman shit one me!" Angelfire

"No mom! I allmost shouted. 'Neither od them is my boyfriends. Trust me. They're just boys who are friends. No connecting of words going on..or connecting of anything else, fir that matter" Angelfire

"So no, love doesn't make you blind. It paralyzes you until you can't breathe or run away from it."Angelfire

"Life is going to test you in ways it never has before. Dont let your future change the good person that you are or make you forget who you are." Angelfire

Uhhhh, I think I'll write the other qoutes i like from other books later hahha. Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton

message 14: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 19, 2011 02:26PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost

Ahhh Bones I love you...

"Kitten, this is my best mate, Charles, but you can call him Spade. Charles, this is Cat, the woman I’ve been telling you about. You can see for yourself that everything I’ve said is…an understatement."

"Whatever would give you the idea that I'm her damn brother?"

"Kitten, you need to make a decision. Either we stay here and behave or we leave now
and I promise you" — his voice dipped lower and the words fell against my lips — "if we
leave, I won’t behave."

"So do you remember this place?"
"Hard to forget." he snorted. "This is where you tried to kill me. You were so nervous, you kept blushing. Never had someone try to stake me who blushed so much."

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

(hidden for slightly suggestive content, not really that bad though)

(view spoiler)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia

Link ran his hands over his hair nervously. "Dude, my mom's a Baptist. You think she's gonna let me stay in the house when she finds out I'm a Demon? She doesn't even like Methodists."

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner

"It's locked," he muttered.
"Really, genius?" Minho said. "No wonder you were named after Isaac Newton - such an amazing ability to think."

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ravenous (The Dark Forgotten, #1) by Sharon Ashwood

A wrench sailed through the air, smacking her on the shoulder. "Ow!" Holly looked around.
"Over there," Alessandro said.
There was a toolbox in the corner, and now the contents were floating above it, missiles in the house's arsenal. She had seen this before - tawdry poltergeist nonsense, but it could hurt.
A hammer sailed through the air at Alessandro. In a blur of motion he snatched it midflight and used it to smack one of the pseudopods wriggling toward him. He was clearly enjoying himself in a Conan the Barbarian sort of way.
Holly battled an airborne caulking gun with the side of her flashlight, staying low to avoid the rain of tools.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Mine Till Midnight (Hathaway Series #1) by Lisa Kleypas

"Say yes, Amelia, and save me from ever having to spend a night with another woman. I'll sleep indoors. I'll get a haircut. God help me, I think I'd even carry a pocketwatch if it pleased you.

"Any man," she muttered, "that would want to marry into the Hathaway family after this should be shut away in an institution."
"Marriage is an institutuion," he said reasonably, retrieving her gown from the floor.

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Brittany The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen

"Well,' i said, still totally distracted, 'I think-' Just then the door behind me opened, and Wes emerged from the bathroom, hair wet, rubbing his face with a towel. He had on jeans, and no shirt, which, frankly, was almost as detracting as the mega-tsunami." The truth about forever

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) You Wish by Mandy Hubbard

Today she's wearing jeans that are so tight I think she must have used a shoehorn to get into them (is there such a thing as a butt horn?).

message 22: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 20, 2011 02:08PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning

(Adam is a fey that brought tampons from the future into the past to give to a girl who had been thrown back in time. Circenn is a highlander who doesn't have a clue what they're used for)

Adam Black smiled as he removed the tampon from the barrel of the rifle. Although Circenn had refused to use any of the weapons Adam had brought him, the warrior within him could not permit time to tarnish them. He snorted, dangling the tampon from its string. Only his fastidious Circenn Brodie would decide that the soft white swabs were to be used for cleaning.

Men never think a behind is fat. They're just happy to be seeing it.

Semi-adult quote, so I'm hiding it with a tag
(view spoiler)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

"No one would dare take you away from us. My father is a very respected man in the village. A scholar." Seeing Merripen's doubtful expression, she added, "The pen is mightier than the sword, you know."
That sounded like something a gadjo would say. It made no sense at all. "The men who attacked my vitsa last week were not armed with pens."

When she looked back at Kev, the frown returned. "Are you going to apologize, Merripen?"
Rohan twisted his arm a bit more tightly. "Do it, damn you," he muttered. "For the sake of the family."
Glaring at the doctor, Kev spoke in Romany. "Ka xlia ma pe tute." (I'm going to shit on you.)
"Which means," Rohan said hastily, "Please forgive the misunderstanding; let's part as friends."
"Te malavel les i menkiva," Kev added for good measure. (May you die of a malignant wasting disease.)
"Roughly translated," Rohan said, "that means, 'May your garden be filled with fine, fat hedgehogs.' Which, I may add, is considered a blessing among the Rom."

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black

"I need to talk to you. I had a weird dream."
"Let me guess. You got tied up by lady ninjas. With big hooters."
"Uh, no." I take a sip of coffee and wince. It was ridiculously strong.
My grandfather shoves a strip of bacon in his mouth with a grin. "Guess it would have been kind of weird if we'd had the same dream."
I roll my eyes. "Well, you'd better not tell me anything else. Don't ruin the surprise in case I have it tonight."

message 25: by Katty (new)

Katty | 418 comments Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

"Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For
the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly
irresistible urge to commit murder, and an inferiority
complex.
Yippee."

"Holy heaven. He was actually about to come. And they hadn't
even kissed yet."

(view spoiler)

'"Scuse me," Rhage interjected. "Is everyone else here in love
with her?"

message 26: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 21, 2011 01:48PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I think it's funny that in every BDB book, the new girl seems to get all the attention until she's taken, then the next new girl gets all the attention...

Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead

"Sorry kid. She's single, but she doesn't think you're her type. She's into the Goth and vampire scene. You're too mainstream for her."

"How is that possible?" exclaimed Cody. "I am a vampire. I should be exactly what she wants."

"Yeah, but you don't look like one."

"I look exactly like a vampire because I am one! What should I dress up as? Count Chocula?"

(...later, Cody tries to "dress" like a vampire.)

"Hey, Kincaid, I had a question about the schedu---WHAT is that?"

"It's Cody," I said.

"Well, I'll be damned. It is. I thought it was the ghost of Gene Simmons."

"Gene Simmons isn't dead," said Cody.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward

"You know what?" Marissa eyed the blue jeans the queen had on. "I've never worn a pair of pants before."
"I've got two pairs here if you want to try them on."
Well, wasn't this a night for firsts. Sex. Arson. Pants.

message 28: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia *airhead with street cred wrote: "I think it's funny that in every BDB book, the new girl seems to get all the attention until she's taken, then the next new girl gets all the attention...

Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead

..."

Need to read this series. Like..now.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. It sort of reminds me of Fever, how it grows on you slowly. From the beginning it's just okay, but by the end of the third book you're hooked. I loved books 4 and 5.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Sigh...I love Kleypas.

As he saw her indecision, his mouth twisted sardonically. "If I were going to molest you," he pointed out, "I would have done so by now."

Her flush deepened at his bluntness. "So you say. But for all I know, you could be a very slow molester."

"Where is everyone?" Leo asked.

"Cam is visiting Lord Westcliff, Amelia is inside with the baby, Beatrix is roaming the woods, and Merripen is with some of the tenants, instructing them on new techniques of hoeing."

The word caught Leo's attention. "I know all about that. If you don't want to go to a brothel, there are certain districts of London-"

"Hoeing Leo," Win said. "Breaking ground with farm implements."

"Oh. Well I know nothing about that."

message 31: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia *airhead with street cred wrote: "I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. It sort of reminds me of Fever, how it grows on you slowly. From the beginning it's just okay, but by the end of the third book you're hooked. I loved..."

I'll have to get round to reading them then.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead

"I know who it is. It's him. That guy."
"Of course," said Carter drily. "I knew it was that guy. It's always 'that guy'."

"You're worth ten Alessandras. You would be worth going to Guam for."
"What about Omaha?"
"No one's worth going to Omaha for."

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Okay, I just looked at Schay's whole NH quote list and I want to steal most of them, but I'll just stick with this one for now. Brit keeps posting the last line of it, but I like the whole scene.

Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

"Then you remember the dream," Mencheres stated. "That bodes ill."

The fear of that made my reply snappy. "Hey, Walks Like An Egyptian, how about for once you drop the formal stuff and talk like you live in the twenty-first century?"

"The shit's gonna splatter, start buggin', yo," Mencheres responded instantly.

message 34: by Schay (last edited Feb 25, 2011 01:33PM) (new)

Schay | 740 comments Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "Okay, I just looked at Schay's whole NH quote list and I want to steal most of them, but I'll just stick with this one for now. Brit keeps posting the last line of it, but I like the whole scene.
..."

*looks at unnecessarily long list*
Sorry, kinda got carried away...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I liked it. You should bring some of those quotes over here.

message 36: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "Okay, I just looked at Schay's whole NH quote list and I want to steal most of them, but I'll just stick with this one for now. Brit keeps posting the last line of it, but I like the whole scene.
..."

Oh! My favourite quote!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I know! And Vlad didn't even say it!

message 38: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "I know! And Vlad didn't even say it!"

I've heard hes got some pretty good ones in the new one..? Argh can't wait.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Still haven't had a chance to read. I could be reading right now but we have people over so I'm hiding in the office again.

Last night I stayed up for a few minutes and read some smut because I just wanted something easy to get into.

message 40: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Only 3 days for me..hopefully.

haha!

message 41: by Schay (new)

Schay | 740 comments Britnee - the 'absolute nutter' apparently wrote: "Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "I know! And Vlad didn't even say it!"

I've heard hes got some pretty good ones in the new one..? Argh can't wait."

He has. He's more likeable in this book, too :D

message 42: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Schay wrote: "Britnee - the 'absolute nutter' apparently wrote: "Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "I know! And Vlad didn't even say it!"

I've heard hes got some pretty good ones in the new one..? Argh ..."

I loooove him! Beard and all!

message 43: by Schay (new)

Schay | 740 comments Britnee - the 'absolute nutter' apparently wrote: "Schay wrote: "Britnee - the 'absolute nutter' apparently wrote: "Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "I know! And Vlad didn't even say it!"

I've heard hes got some pretty good ones in the new ..."

NO! THE BEARD MUST GO!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Even though he's an impaler and a murderer? :p

message 45: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) The beard is cool!

Yes!

message 46: by Schay (new)

Schay | 740 comments Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "Even though he's an impaler and a murderer? :p"

Oh no, I don't really mind that...THE BEARD MUST GO!

message 47: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Schay wrote: "Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "Even though he's an impaler and a murderer? :p"

Oh no, I don't really mind that...THE BEARD MUST GO!"

You..you..beardist person!

message 48: by Schay (new)

Schay | 740 comments Okay, here're some NH Quotes:

"I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need."
— Jeaniene Frost (Halfway to the Grave)

"You know that old saying. Once you go dead, no one's better in bed. - Cat"

"I have been stabbed, shot, burned, bitten, beaten unconscious too many times to count, and even staked. None of those held a candle to the pain I felt at seeing his mouth on hers."
— Jeaniene Frost (One Foot in the Grave)

"Kitten, you need to make a decision. Either we stay here and behave or we leave now
and I promise you”—his voice dipped lower and the words fell against my lips—“if we
leave, I won’t behave."

"Yeah, Life is a bitch and then you get stabbed."
— Jeaniene Frost (At Grave's End)

"Ask me if I sparkle and I’ll kill you where you stand.” (Bones)"
— Jeaniene Frost (This Side of the Grave)

"Do you think I’m pretty?” I heard myself ask.
Something I couldn’t name flashed across his face.
“No. I don’t think you’re pretty. I think you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen."

"I was thrown into a state of sheer, mindless panic. “It’s my mother!” I whispered fiercely,
as if Bones hadn’t figured that out. “Holy shit, you have to hide!”
I literally shoved him toward the bedroom, yelling, “I—I’ll be right there, I’m not
dressed!”
He went, but with none of my hysteria. “Kitten, you still haven’t told her? Blimey, what
are you waiting for?”
The Second Coming of Christ!” I snapped. “And not a moment sooner! Here, in the
closet!"

"Kira knew that his tounge felt like a vibrator set to the speed of Oh Hell Yeah"
— Jeaniene Frost (Eternal Kiss of Darkness)

message 49: by Schay (new)

Schay | 740 comments Britnee - the 'absolute nutter' apparently wrote: "Schay wrote: "Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "Even though he's an impaler and a murderer? :p"

Oh no, I don't really mind that...THE BEARD MUST GO!"

You..you..beardist person!"

LOL Beards are weird, and itchy and UNATTRACTIVE! (Sorry, Santa)

message 50: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Schay wrote: "Britnee - the 'absolute nutter' apparently wrote: "Schay wrote: "Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "Even though he's an impaler and a murderer? :p"

Oh no, I don't really mind that...THE BEA..."

LOL okay long beards are gross. I dont think Vlads is long. Santa is a jolly prowler

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8