What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Rock and roll romance from 1993-94 [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Since I have started becoming more active discussing books online, I have found a number of places pose the question "what was the first romance you read?" But the thing is, I can't remember the title or author. Help!

I read it in March 1994, so it would have been fairly new in paperback at that time. Hero and heroine's brother are in a hugely successful 70s rock band, and heroine is in college. Hero and heroine get together and are a couple for a while, but she can't take the lifestyle and groupies, so she breaks up with hero. Shortly after, hero and brother have a falling out, and the band breaks up.

Fastforward 20 years, and hero and heroine are reunited after the brother's death. They are both older and wiser, and struggle to come to terms with what happened all those years ago.

message 2: by Sirvantes (last edited Feb 19, 2011 07:28AM) (new)

Sirvantes | 82 comments I believe this is Till the Stars Fall, by Kathleen Gilles Seidel, 1994. I found it to be a memorable book also. Of course, I wouldn't be able to remember the name of the book or author after all these years, but I remember the name of the band (Dodd Hall) so it was easy to find.

message 3: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn OMG Sirvantes! You are my favourite person today! Thank you so much! I have been trying to find it, with no luck. I really appreciate it. :-)