Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Challenges w/ Delicious Dee! > Featured Creature - March 2011

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (last edited Feb 18, 2011 11:59PM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) In honor of March being National Red Cross Month, the featured creature is VAMPIRE.

If anyone has suggestions feel free to post them, and i'll compile them on the list below

Book Suggestions:
Chicagoland Vampires - Chloe Neill
Dark Hunters - Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 2: by Shakir (new)

Shakir | 2 comments YAY! BOOK SUGGESTIONS? [BESIDES TWILIGHT]

message 3: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 27 comments Inhales deeply...

Night Huntress - Jeaniene Frost
Love at Stake - Kerrelyn Sparks
Argeneau/Rogue Hunter - Lynsay Sands
Anita Blake - Laurell K Hamilton
Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
House of Night - P.C. and Kristin Cast
Blood Books - Tanya Huff
Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) - Charlaine Harris
Cassie Palmer - Karen Chance
Dorina Basarab - Karen Chance
Garnet Lacey - Tate Hallaway
Vampire Huntress - L.A. Banks
Undead Series - MaryJanice Davidson
Black Dagger Brotherhood - J.R. Ward
Broken Heart - Michele Bardsley
Jane Jameson - Molly Harper
Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine
Dead End Dating - Kimberley Raye
Immortality Bites - Michelle Rowen
Night World - L.J. Smith
Carpathians - Christine Feehan
Dark Ones - Katie MacAlister
Vegas Vampires - Erin McCarthy
Blood Ties - Jennifer Armintrout
Sunshine - Robin McKinley (one off)
Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Cruz
Den of Shadows - Amelia Atwater Rhodes
Vampire Diaries - L.J. Smith
Sabina Kane - Jaye Wells
Jaz Parks - Jennifer Rardin
Drake Chronicles - Alyxandra Harvey

and Dracula of course :)

PS - This is why I don't normally have cookies for breakfast lol!

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (wckdktty) | 4 comments I confirm the above list as it has ones I was going to mention although I would add Mina by Marie Kiraly. (Yes, its about Mina Harker)

message 5: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 27 comments Cool - I hadn't heard of that one :)

message 6: by Nessa (new)

Nessa Also some lesser talked about ones....

Dark Ink Chronicles - Elle Jasper
Crimson City Series - Liz Maverick
Texas Vampire Series - Diane Whiteside
The Last Vampire - Christopher Pike
Anna Strong Chronicles - Jeanne C. Stein
Circle Trilogy - Nora Roberts

message 7: by Shakir (new)

Shakir | 2 comments i have read maybe 10 of those...wow, i think ill have enough to get through atleast the next 2 months

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 1 comments Guardians Of Eternity - Alexandra Ivy

message 9: by Lory (new)

Lory (moty) | 9 comments Midnight Breeds by Lara Adrian

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) so does anyone have any idea what Vampire book they are going to read??

For me, I picked up Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side because it also showed up on a challenge list for another group - plus it sounds interesting.

message 11: by Lisa O. (new)

Lisa O. | 77 comments I'm going to try to get to Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill, I'm still on the second one and there are so many books coming out this month, but hopefully I can get this one read too.

Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill

message 12: by Nessa (new)

Nessa I think I might pick either Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward or At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Gotta try and get these finished up :)

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) Lisa - I hope you like Twice Bitten! I dispised Ethan by the end of it and yet it still got 5 stars from me! May can't come soon enough for book 4

message 14: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) Lisa O. wrote: "I'm going to try to get to Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill, I'm still on the second one and there are so many books coming out this month, but hopefully I can get this one read too.

[bo..."

That's one of my favorites!

message 15: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 27 comments I read Dying Bites for my vampire book. It really rocked, and I haven't read anything like it before :)

message 16: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i can't believe its nearly the end of the month already!!! how's everyone doing? i'm almost done with Halfway to the Grave and should finish it up in the next few days

message 17: by Lisa O. (new)

Lisa O. | 77 comments Just finished Twice Bitten and loved it! I can't believe Ethan did that to her, she better make him pay for it in the next book!

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i know...i soo wanted to hit him upside the head at the end of that books, but the last scene was cute...i can't wait for the next one to come out...end of April/May seems soo far away :(

message 19: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 27 comments Same - total moron midway through and then a last minute redemption. The next one is top of my birthday list (love being a taurean!)

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i was hoping to have it for the bright shiny new category, but it doesn't come out until the end of the month...maybe i'll extend the categories to 5 and make BSN a standard category...I always have a new must read book

message 21: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I read Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2) by Tracey O'Hara this month and really enjoyed it. Not as good as the first book, but I still thought it was a four star read.

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i finished up Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost - I can't believe I waited so long to read it...lol! its one of those books that has been languishing in the TBR pile for ages - I gave it 4 stars overall, not sure if i'm going to continue on right away (because i've heard some iffy things about the later books)

message 23: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Oh how can you not want to start reading the others right away! lol

I love that series :P

message 24: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) I don't have the next ones in the pile and i'm trying to avoid buying any books...lol! (of course that didn't stop me from picking up the new Suzanne Brockmann at borders today)

message 25: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Mar 25, 2011 07:15PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Done. I reread the entire Sookie Stackhouse series. Got first two done in end of Feb and the rest in March so that's definetly covers vampires. lol

√ Creature - Vampire - Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris 3/1

message 26: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
I read:
Complete Circle  by Roxanne Rhodes

A naughty nibble (less than 50 pages I believe). A f-m-f menage. That includes a succbus, vampire and half vampire half incubus. HOT!! I wish it was a freaking novel!