SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > Do You Believe in Magic?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Heard this song on the radio (hey, it’s AFN -Armed Forced Network- radio, I’m limited over here LOL) and was wondering ... Do ya?

Do you believe in the supernatural? or are you a skeptic?

Do you watch "Ghost Busters" or similar TV shows? "Paranormal Activity" or similar movies? Do you buy it? I'm not sure, but I'd like to think that those I've loved and lost are able to keep an eye on me somehow.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The thing is, I'm not sure what I believe. I can't say that it's not real, but I can't say that it does exist either. So, I'm open to it and waiting to have it proved one way or another, haha. I mean, I've had some things happen that was unexplainable, and my grandmother knows someone who had no clue who my great grandmother was or when she died, but she described her standing in the room with them... I know some are great at reading body language, etc. But describing exact looks... Hm. She (says) see guardian angels around people.

As for the spiritual shows and scary movies, I don't usually watch it. I'm just too scared! Not sure if it has to do with me being open to the supernatural world or not, because I get nightmares of the bloody and psychological ones as well. ;)

message 3: by Laura Lulu (last edited Feb 19, 2011 07:21AM) (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) | 1603 comments I'm with Rebecca--I'm not sure what I believe concerning ghosts. I believe that there are places that retain something, but I'm not sure if it's ghosts, spirits, souls, energy, or what.

I do believe in psychics & mediums, though. I just think there are people out there who have a 6th sense. Or maybe we all do, but there are some that are better at accessing it. But maybe we all have a bit of it, with deja vus and all that. But I also agree that there are people out there who just read body language and ask the right questions, but that's it on their special abilities. ;)

I find it funny that I have an easier time believing in ghosts, psychics & aliens, than I do believing in religion. I'm a fickle beast. ;)

message 4: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Laura Lulu wrote: "I find it funny that I have an easier time believing in ghosts, psychics & aliens, than I do believing in religion. I'm a fickle beast..."

Ditto!

I also agree that there are those who have stronger intuition or are better at accessing that which we all have to some degree.

I don't like people taking advantage of those that have strong beliefs in the supernatural claiming to be in a position to help them. But, that's a universal dislike for all people who take advantage of anyone for any reason.

Some of those shows feel so scammy. One person's "OMG, did you feel that?" intensifies the situation and the fears/excitement of those around them so that everyone is claiming to have felt or heard something unusual.

When I was young, some friends and I pulled out the Ouigi (sp?) board, the ones they sell (or used to sell @ ToysRUs) and I got super freaked out. I'm sure one of them was messing with the rest of us, but that was my first and last time messing with that thing. LOL!

message 5: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments Steph wrote: When I was young, some friends and I pulled out the Ouigi (sp?) board, the ones they sell (or used to sell @ ToysRUs) and I got super freaked out. I'm sure one of them was messing with the rest of us, but that was my first and last time messing with that thing. LOL!

LOL, I had the same experience, once was enough, to be freaked out.

Also agree with Laura re believing in ghosts, psychics & aliens, than I do believing in religion. Being raised Catholic, going to catholic primary school and being given the cane every day by a nun because she was too lazy to tell my parents I wasn't doing my homework, sort of puts you off religion as the be-all and end-all. Even as a third grader I figured that out.

Saying that I've had some weird things happen over the years so not closed off to spiritual energy but not sure exactly what I believe.

message 6: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments I think it's exciting NOT knowing what's out there. I especially like Jodie Foster's line in the movie "Contact" when she (and her dad) says, "If we're all alone, that's a lot of wasted space" or some such.

message 7: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) | 1603 comments Exactly. I totally believe in aliens--I think it's arrogant to think in the whole universe, we're the only intelligent life. Wasted space, indeed. :)

My kids love those ghosthunter shows--they are so fake & cheesy, I can't even watch, I end up saying rude things to the TV. Lol.

message 8: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments :)

message 9: by Zaanodes (new)

Zaanodes | 804 comments On the religion aspect: one of the best lines I have EVER heard...'My' karma ran over 'their' dogma.

As far as the OTHER goes. I have experienced some unexplainable...moments. So, yes, I do believe.

When deciding if something is true or not, there is always someone with evidence for both sides. I have decided that if it feels true and right and good to my...core/soul/heart...then that is my reality.

message 10: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Great viewpoints, Zaanodes.