Books Without Borders discussion

Personal Reading Goals > It will be done

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 94 comments I usually sit down and make a list of literary goals for the year but for right now I really just have one goal.

Finish Anna Karenina once and for all, dangit.

This has been a two year process. That book is my nemesis!

Maranda (addlebrained_reader) (mannadonn) | 367 comments Mod
Amanda ~ Haha! That's how The Count of Monte Cristo is for me. I started it in 2005 & STILL haven't finished it. I got the unabridged version in all of it's 1300 page glory.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 94 comments I always get unabridged and annotated versions which is part of my problem. I'm an annotation junkie. I get distracted!

AK is only 817 pages long, which is an average length book for me. I carry it with me thinking I'll read a few pages here and there, yeah right!

We will succeed! Eventually...ha!

I hope you're right! I should refocus. But it's been so long now that I have no idea what's going on. I've been halfway through the book since 2006!

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Good luck Amanda! Where are you at in the book? I look forward to reading AK one day myself ;)

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 94 comments I'm about 200 pages in but I keep restarting because I wait too long between attempts and forget what's going on!

Oh no!!! That's what I'm worried about with Count of Monte Cristo. I've actually considered buying the abridged version and just trying to read it that way.

Colleen~ Do you have a book nemesis?

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 94 comments Ok, I am restarting AK one more time. Fingers crossed!!!

Amanda wrote: "Ok, I am restarting AK one more time. Fingers crossed!!!"

LOL!!! Good luck my dear!!!! Keep us posted on your progress!