The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 0.0- Fit This Book

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17859 comments Mod
Have a book and don't know what tasks it'll fit under? Ask here.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapearl) | 273 comments Can anyone help me figure out where to put Everybody Hurts: An Essential Guide to Emo Culture? I found it at the library and it looks cool. Thanks!

message 3: by KSMary (last edited Mar 25, 2011 06:58AM) (new)

KSMary | 819 comments 5.7 Going Green Read a book from the library
15.3 Earth Day C. Recycle - read a book from a library
15.10 Spring Break Read any book you choose

It might also work under 5.3 as Leslie Simon's last name is 5 letters but I'm not sure if the co-author's also has to be under 5 letters
10.1 Sing Out - I'd check with the moderator as it looks like it talks quite a bit about music or if this book was inspired about another novel that you have read, it could possible work for 15.6.

Hope that helps and I haven't led you astray.

Mary

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapearl) | 273 comments Thanks! I've already turned in 5.7 and 15.10, but it would be perfect for 15.3! I think that's what I'll do, thanks a TON.

message 5: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) | 57 comments Is there any challenge The Ghost Trap will fit? Other than the one you need a cover with a body of water for?

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments maybe Melanie's task if you rolled the dice for the paranormal creature/risen from the dead

message 7: by Dionisia (new)

Dionisia (therabidreader) | 436 comments Danie wrote: "Is there any challenge The Ghost Trap will fit? Other than the one you need a cover with a body of water for?"

Some tasks to consider:

5.8 "Blow Your Stack" if you added this book before February 19, 2011.

15.2 "Blurb It" Part A if you have any interest in also reading a book by one of the authors that provided a blurb for this book.

15.4 "It's a Repeat" if you also read another book with either the word ghost or trap in it.

15.10 "Spring Break"

or maybe you could find another book to pair it with for Diane's task #30.7 "Title Connections"

message 8: by Janice (new)

Janice  | 662 comments Danie wrote: "Is there any challenge The Ghost Trap will fit? Other than the one you need a cover with a body of water for?"

It sounds like it would also work for In My Backyard (25.1 - option A). Since it is about lobster fisherman, I'm guessing a good portion takes place on a boat.

message 9: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) | 57 comments Hmmm. I'm torn between 25.1 or 15.4.

I'll probably wind up doing 25.1, since it's more points. Thanks guys!

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapearl) | 273 comments I want to read The Iron Daughter next. I just bought it and I love the series, but I have no idea what task it could fall under

message 11: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4083 comments 10.10 The Final Frontier - fantasy

15.3 Earth Day: #C Recycle - if you are willing to give it away after reading it

15.10 Spring Break

20.6 Young Adult Series

30.7 Title Connections - might work here if you had another book to make the match

message 12: by Jennifer N. (new)

Jennifer N. | 423 comments Amanda Pearl wrote: "I want to read The Iron Daughter next. I just bought it and I love the series, but I have no idea what task it could fall under"

There is a butterfly on the cover of the addition you linked to so you might be able to use it for 15.9

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapearl) | 273 comments these are good suggestions. I've already turned in 15.10 and 20.6, but I'm not sure about 15.3 or 30.7. I really don't want to give it away lol it's TOO GOOD! Sigh, I'll figure something out...

message 14: by Kristina Simon (last edited Apr 05, 2011 12:36PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Amanda Pearl wrote: "these are good suggestions. I've already turned in 15.10 and 20.6, but I'm not sure about 15.3 or 30.7. I really don't want to give it away lol it's TOO GOOD! Sigh, I'll figure something out..."

Don't forget that you can move books around if you want or need to. Just because you've already claimed books for 15.10 and 20.6 doesn't mean they have to stay there. If you find another task where they would work, just let me know in the completed task thread and I'll move them around for you. Just a thought....

message 15: by Kim (new)

Kim (goodreadscomkimber) | 731 comments I've been reading 'The Little Prince' with my son. I've seen that title come up in several different places, allowing it to fit in to several different tasks. My question though is this...my version is 96 pages - does that automatically toss it out completely since it's not quite 100 pages?
According to GR, if I could read it in French or Japanese I'd just make it in over the 100 page mark. Too bad we wouldn't understand a thing if we did that! :)

message 16: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16194 comments Mod
Kim wrote: "I've been reading 'The Little Prince' with my son. I've seen that title come up in several different places, allowing it to fit in to several different tasks. My question though is this...my vers..."

If you haven't already done so, you can use 1 or 2 books between 80 and 100 pages for 5 point tasks.

Or, if you want to use it for another task, you could also read another book that fits that task, for a combined total of 100 or more pages. Keep in mind, though, that you can't pair it with a picture book to reach the 100 pages.

message 17: by Kim (new)

Kim (goodreadscomkimber) | 731 comments Yea! A few of these tasks are making me growl this time. So much of what I want to read is either gigantic or too short. I just can't seem to fit everything in as easily as I did for the Winter Challenge. Course, what's a challenge without a challenge, right? :)

Thanks for your quick response, Sandy! That info will help me a ton!

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapearl) | 273 comments Hi can anyone think of a place for Zombies vs. Unicorns? I got it from the library and it is an audio book. I really love it, I want to find a place for it!

message 19: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandra72) | 726 comments Can anyone give me some ideas of where to put Quicksand by Iris Johansen. Thanks!

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments she fits into lab lit - that series was already approved if you haven't got one in there yet

message 21: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandra72) | 726 comments Sandra wrote: "Can anyone give me some ideas of where to put Quicksand by Iris Johansen. Thanks!"

I moved some books around and found a spot for this book. Thanks!

message 22: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 997 comments Rusty wrote: "Can anyone help me find where to put The Medici Seal by Theresa Breslin?"

15.7 DaVinci was a scientist.
15.3 You could read it and give it to a friend to read
15.4 Read that book and another book with seal in the title such as:
Seventh Seal by Jessica Draper The Gilded Seal by James Twining Seal Island by Kate Brallier
20.7 If you have a favorite quote by DaVinci you might be able to use this task... Would have to ask task creator
30.6 This book is set over 50 years in the past so IF you rolled a 3 you could use this as book B