YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Adult Paranormal and Fantasy > Georgina Kincaid

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3) by Richelle Mead Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4) by Richelle Mead Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6) by Richelle Mead

From the author of Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead.

Series Summary :

Rated R series. It has a lot of sex, so if you don't like that kind of thing, this will not be the one for you. It's hard to get around not having sex though when you're a succubus that sleeps with guys to steal their souls in order to keep your energy level up.

It is an Urban Fantasy though, not a PNR, so there is still a lot of storyline/plot. The love story is the focus in the same way that the Rose/Dimitri/Adrian love triangle was in VA. It's a huge part of the story, but there's a lot of other action and things going on when Rose isn't deciding between guys. The same goes for Georgina's love life.

message 2: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Is this worth reading? I wanna read it one day

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I just finished book 4 and am really liking it. The first three books were a little slow to start, but once you get past the first few chapters, it picks up.

Book 4 was great the whole way through.

I still like Fever (especially) and Night Huntress better, but this one is almost as good as NH.

message 4: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Oh awesome I'll have to read it then. I wanna read Storm born series first though.

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Ugh Succubus Shadows is amazing! Has a major cliffy and leaves you wondering! Absolutely fab. Read them Brit, slow starters but in the end. Awesome!

message 6: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Jessica - cracker spreadable perv... wrote: "Ugh Succubus Shadows is amazing! Has a major cliffy and leaves you wondering! Absolutely fab. Read them Brit, slow starters but in the end. Awesome!"

Okay I will maybe in a month or two. Theres other stuff I gotta read first ;p

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Okay, Jessica.

This question is for you. Maybe book 5 sheds more light on this, and since I haven't read it yet, I may be guessing too soon but...

Based on this comment in book 4 :

Seth kissed my cheek. "Do you ever feel like we're reliving this moment over and over?"

and other comments he made about how it felt like they would always be pulled back together, I'm guessing :

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Me too but I want to read her dark swan series.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Think I posed the same time as you. If you get the chance can you read my spoiler question?

message 10: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Jessica - cracker spreadable perv... wrote: "Me too but I want to read her dark swan series."

I wanna read that one first.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I tried Storm Born and couldn't get into it at the time. I'll get back to it at some point.

message 12: by brittany (last edited Feb 18, 2011 01:38PM) (new)

brittany (cirilla) BUT I wanna read the Chicagoland Vampires most!

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma (BelleBooks) I started Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead today! Really liking it so far!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I like that cover better than the one I have.

*taps foot at Jessica. answer my question hooker*

message 15: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yeah I HATE the other cover. The woman looks scary.

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "Okay, Jessica.

This question is for you. Maybe book 5 sheds more light on this, and since I haven't read it yet, I may be guessing too soon but...

Based on this comment in book 4 :

Seth k..."

Stacia I have exactly the same theory. Its not revealed in Succubus Shadows, but there are more clues especially at the end. So I think (view spoiler) did that make any sense?

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma (BelleBooks) Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "I like that cover better than the one I have.

*taps foot at Jessica. answer my question hooker*"

haha, i think the woman on the cover of the American version looks like a drag queen!

message 18: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Littlepinkstars44 wrote: "Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "I like that cover better than the one I have.

*taps foot at Jessica. answer my question hooker*"

haha, i think the woman on the cover of the American version..."

LOL yes!

message 19: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Those are the UK covers, I don't like them, they don't look like Georgie, not how I pictured her anyway.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The covers don't look at all like the book description of her either. In the books she has light brown and gold hair. I like the red better imo. It's tougher and sexier for a succubus.

You know what pissed me off about book 4? Maddie that cow again and (view spoiler)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Okay, nm on liking that other cover. I didn't enlarge it before.

message 22: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "The covers don't look at all like the book description of her either. In the books she has light brown and gold hair. I like the red better imo. It's tougher and sexier for a succubus.

You kn..."

Its been a while sinse I read it, but I remember the ring thing. Thats another clue I think to Seth and who he might be.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Was the ring in book 1 a ruby?

message 24: by Jess (last edited Feb 18, 2011 02:13PM) (new)

Jess (otherstories) Argh I can't remember, its something to do with Seth (view spoiler) and the type of ring he'd use. Which isnt a ring he gave to Maddie. I'm being wayy off I think. It must be something to do with the ring that Georgie kept from her human life. Its gotta be linked to Seth somehow.

message 25: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 18, 2011 02:18PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) At least the ring wasn't a ruby. That might have pissed me off enough to stop reading. What annoys me about that is he keeps pretty much saying he wants Georgie more but still doesn't stay away from Maddie.

I realize that much might be spoilerific for those just starting the series, but it's pretty much a given that there's going to be a love quadrangle (is that right?) from the getgo, since Georgie can't really hook up with Seth. So it's not really that big of a spoiler, since you don't know who she'll pick or who he'll pick.

message 26: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "At least the ring wasn't a ruby. That might have pissed me off enough to stop reading. What annoys me about that is he keeps pretty much saying he wants Georgie more but still doesn't stay away fr..."

Well exactly. I'm still trying to guess lol. We'll find out in Succubus Revealed, everything will become clear!!

message 27: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 18, 2011 02:24PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I want to read book 5 now, but I need to finish my Night Huntress re-read. As soon as I'm done with TSOTG I will be reading book 5 of GK, then I'm going to purge myself of adult UF/PNR for a week or so I think.

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) I want to read it too! But unfortunately we have to wait until August!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) August, really??? Brit has to wait til March and I thought that was silly.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Or do you mean GK? Yeah, you probably do...nm.

message 31: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "August, really??? Brit has to wait til March and I thought that was silly."

*Sulks again* I don't know why I have to wait that long!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I cracked, Jessica.

Starting book 5. Hope you're around to talk theories with me when I'm done.

message 33: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "Or do you mean GK? Yeah, you probably do...nm."

Yep its August for us in the UK, Succubus Revealed. But NH is released on Tuesday here.

Haha the 5th one is pretty good and the ending is amazing but its got a bloody cliffy which makes you question and have a theory about Seth.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Britnee wrote: "Is this worth reading? I wanna read it one day"

Its deffinatly worth reading!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Finished number 5. Nothing to really change any theories about, other than (view spoiler)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Oh, and the (view spoiler)

message 37: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Stacia you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. These are the theories I had at the end of of Succubus Shadows. I have the same theory about the contract (view spoiler)

Yeah. We have pretty much the same theory, but we have to wait until August to find out! Sigh.

message 38: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 75 comments I have read all these books so far and yea I feel like sometimes they are repeating themselves, I like them and will get the 6th when it comes out but sometimes I wish they would move along just alittle faster I seem to get stalled every now and then.