The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 5.5- I'm Tellin'

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (last edited Feb 27, 2011 10:26AM) (new)

Dlmrose | 17603 comments Mod
5.5 I'm Tellin': May 2 is Brothers and Sisters Day- Read a book with "Brother(s)", "Sister(s)", or "Sibling(s)" in the title. The prefix "step-" and suffix "-hood" work. Please ask about others. ex. Little Brother, Sister Carrie, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister

If you have questions, need suggestions OR have suggestions for books to read for this task, please post them here.

message 2: by Dlmrose (last edited Feb 27, 2011 10:24AM) (new)

sibling(s) added 2/27

message 3: by Dlmrose (last edited Mar 27, 2011 08:13AM) (new)

Series titles do not work
Stuck in the Middle does not work

message 4: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 824 comments Can it be part of the series title? or only the main title of the book?

message 5: by Dlmrose (new)

Sorry, no series titles. Subtitles are okay

message 7: by Dlmrose (new)

Valorie wrote: "ok thanks. Will this work? The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide"

Since that's the main title for this book, it works

message 8: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 824 comments Great thanks!

message 9: by Juli (new)

Juli (julifabulous) | 63 comments I'm planning on reading Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister for this task =)

message 11: by Dlmrose (new)

Diane wrote: "Would "siblings" work? Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too."

Sibling(s) works. I'll add it

message 12: by Desirée (new)

Desirée (desirel) | 21 comments I was planning to read a book I already own in a German translation. It's called "Vier verrückte Schwestern" (german for "Four crazy sisters"). When I was going to add it to my Reading-Plans-list, I realized the original English title is different, though: "The Exiles". I suppose it won't work?

message 13: by Dlmrose (new)

Desirée wrote: "I was planning to read a book I already own in a German translation. It's called "Vier verrückte Schwestern" (german for "Four crazy sisters"). When I was going to add it to my Reading-Plans-list, ..."

Here's the rule on translations:
Books in languages other than English may be used. Please provide information on the book and/or title to your English speaking moderators so they can understand how the books fit the tasks. Any task requiring a specific title (number of letters, number of words, specific word in title, etc.) should apply to the title that you use.

If the edition you read is called "Four Crazy Sisters", you may use it for this task. You should link Vier verrückte Schwestern or the specific edition you read and include the translation. The only time this rule varies is with Group Read books- then it refers to the specific book even if the title is different in translations or overseas editions: Little Bee and The Other Hand (UK)

message 14: by Desirée (new)

Desirée (desirel) | 21 comments Oooh, great! Thanks for clarifying!

message 16: by Dlmrose (new)

Nicki wrote: "How about If I Am Missing or Dead: A Sister's Story of Love, Murder, and Liberation?"

Sure, subtitles and possessives are fine