The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 5.4- Fan Club

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (last edited Feb 19, 2011 03:36AM) (new)

Dlmrose | 18029 comments Mod
5.4 Fan Club: Go to the profile page of one of your favorite authors and navigate to their fan listing. Click on a fan's profile and read a 5-star book from their Read shelf. Required: Post a link to the author and state the fan whose list you used.

If you have questions, need suggestions OR have suggestions for books to read for this task, please post them here.

message 2: by Dlmrose (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

placeholder

message 4: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 314 comments The 5 star book does not need to be by the author whose page was used correct?

message 5: by Dlmrose (new)

Correct, any 5 star book from one of your author's fans. Hopefully, you'll find someone with similar taste in books since you share a favorite author

message 6: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4163 comments Task 5.4 - I went to my favorite author's site and clicked on many of his fans - one is even a GR librarian. None of them had rated the books! What to do?

message 7: by Dlmrose (new)

What author?

message 8: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4163 comments Dlmrose wrote: "What author?"

Jeffrey Deaver

message 9: by Dlmrose (new)

Bea, I checked Jeffery Deaver's page, I checked the first fan listed Noura when I looked at her list and sorted it by rating I found 6+ pages of 5 star books. You don't need a Deaver book from her list, any book she rated 5 stars would work. And if that fan's list doesn't please you, try another fan.

message 10: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments I think I like this task. Maybe I will get around to The Host which has been sitting on my Nook unread for months

message 11: by Bea (last edited Feb 20, 2011 04:16AM) (new)

Bea | 4163 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Bea, I checked Jeffery Deaver's page, I checked the first fan listed Noura when I looked at her list and sorted it by rating I found 6+ pages of 5 star books. You don't need a Deaver ..."

Oh, sure - the one I did not check! I checked Julie, Chris, Christa, Jason, Rebekah, Jennifer, and Susan and gave up! Thanks, Dimrose.

Just went back and rechecked some of those names. Now ratings show up. I must have changed my settings yesterday. Lots to choose among now!

message 12: by Dlmrose (new)

I hope you find something good

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (eagle1964) | 271 comments I must really by stupid because I don't know how to get to an author's profile page. Can you help me please?

message 14: by Dlmrose (new)

Sure, enter an author's name or title into the "find books by.." box and when the list of books comes up, click on the authors name. If the returned list is long, you can limit it- click on the "more options" link and select authors.

Once you are on the authors page the fan listing is on the left of the page. You may have to scroll down depending on ads and what the author has on the page

message 15: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) Are we allowed to use a book by that author if one of the fans rated it 5 stars? Or is that too easy and we need to choose a book they rated 5 stars by a different author? A lot of my favorite authors have written a ton of books and I haven't read all of them!

message 16: by Dlmrose (new)

Riona wrote: "Are we allowed to use a book by that author if one of the fans rated it 5 stars? Or is that too easy and we need to choose a book they rated 5 stars by a different author? A lot of my favorite auth..."

You may read a book by your favorite author if the fan has rated it 5 stars

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Host (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeffery Deaver (other topics)