The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 15.1 - The Land Down Under

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Feb 19, 2011 05:29AM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments 15.1 -- The Land Down Under
A. Read one book with the words “Down” and “Under” anywhere in the title, subtitle, or author’s name. For example, the word "Down" may be in the title and the word "Under" could be part of the author's name or vice versa. Additions to the words are OK. Ex. Downstairs, Downing, Underwater, Underwood
OR
B. Read two books. One with the word “Down” and one with the word “Under” anywhere in the title, subtitle, or author’s name. Additions to the words are OK.

message 2: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments placeholder

message 3: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments placeholder

message 4: by Beth (last edited Feb 19, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Beth | 665 comments Ursula, Under was really good if anybody needs a recommendation for an 'under' book.

message 6: by Fran (new)

Fran | 736 comments Undercover works?

message 7: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Great options, Diane. Thanks!

message 8: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Fran wrote: "Undercover works?"

Yep. Undercover would work.

message 9: by Fran (new)

Fran | 736 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Fran wrote: "Undercover works?"

Yep. Undercover would work."

Thanks Kristi :)

message 10: by Cindy AL (new)

Cindy AL (cangelmd) | 664 comments Aunt Dimity Down Under - I'm reading this one.

message 11: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Cindy AL wrote: "Aunt Dimity Down Under - I'm reading this one."

I have this one on my list of possibilities, too, but it's #15 in a series I've never read before. Does anyone know if the Aunt Dimity books can be read out of order?

message 12: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (christineus) | 572 comments I found this at my library.

Sisterchicks Down Under

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapearl) | 273 comments what if under is part of a bigger word, for example "understanding" and is in the title? Would that work, or does that only apply to the author's name?

message 14: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Amanda wrote: "what if under is part of a bigger word, for example "understanding" and is in the title? Would that work, or does that only apply to the author's name?"

Additions to the words "down" or "under" in the title or in the author's name are fine. So "understanding" will work.

message 15: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 640 comments So any word where the letters 'under' appear is OK, even if the meaning is not 'under'? E.g. Thunder, or Milan Kundera?

message 16: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Rosemary wrote: "So any word where the letters 'under' appear is OK, even if the meaning is not 'under'? E.g. Thunder, or Milan Kundera?"

Correct.

message 17: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Rosemary wrote: "So any word where the letters 'under' appear is OK, even if the meaning is not 'under'? E.g. Thunder, or Milan Kundera?"

Correct."

ooooooooh, a whole new world just opened up to me. :)

message 18: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) | 1516 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Cindy AL wrote: "Aunt Dimity Down Under - I'm reading this one."

I have this one on my list of possibilities, too, but it's #15 in a series I've never read before. Does anyone know ..."

I haven't read them either, but I saw a comment in another group that the Aunt Dimity books need to be read in order.

message 19: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Sue T wrote: "I haven't read them either, but I saw a comment in another group that the Aunt Dimity books need to be read in order. "

Good to know. I'm pretty sure my read-every-series-in-order OCD wouldn't have let me do it anyway...

Thanks, Sue!

message 20: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (mamamunky) | 172 comments Would Medicus by Ruth Downie work?

message 21: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Lindsey wrote: "Would Medicus by Ruth Downie work?"

Yes, she'd work for "down."

message 22: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 381 comments Oooh... Would the Lords of the Underworld series work? That would be awesome, since the newest book has just come out:-D

message 23: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Melanie wrote: "Oooh... Would the Lords of the Underworld series work? That would be awesome, since the newest book has just come out:-D"

No, sorry, the words need to be in the title or subtitle (or author's name). Series titles won't work.

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 381 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Oooh... Would the Lords of the Underworld series work? That would be awesome, since the newest book has just come out:-D"

No, sorry, the words need to be in the title or subtitle (..."

Pity:-) Thx though

message 25: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandra72) | 726 comments So if I understand correctly, the book Thunderhead would work for "under" and Countdown for "down"?

message 26: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10974 comments Sandra wrote: "So if I understand correctly, the book Thunderhead would work for "under" and Countdown for "down"?"

You are correct. They'll both work.