Jodi Picoult Books Reading Group. discussion

Questions/Observations > Summer reading?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashlee (last edited Feb 18, 2011 12:47PM) (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Not to sound rude, but I've noticed there aren't too many active discussions in this group, which leaves me a little bummed because I joined this site looking for new and exciting book discussions, but I haven't had many. So I'm starting this thread to see if we could get a good discussion going. For starters- I absolutely LOVE Summer reading! My best friend Jessica and I get together and go tanning, swimming, and hangout by the pool and read books and then talk about them, it's really the only reason I enjoy Summer anymore. Throughout the year I try to read series and then over the Summer I read a bunch of random books, and last year is when I really got into Picoult books. So with that being said- does anyone have any Jodi Picoult books they plan on putting on their list of "to read" this summer?

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (angelashly) | 20 comments I plan to finish her books this year. So....
Harvesting the Heart
The Tenth Circle
Second Glance (currently have just have to read)
Picture Perfect
Mercy
Sing Me Home (I'll read in March when it comes out)

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (booksdingle) | 5 comments probably The Pact and Picture Perfect....if I get chance. Gone are my days of lazing on a sunbed by a pool as I now have kids.....anywhere near any water have to be like hawkeye!

message 4: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Sounds like you guys will have fun reading them! I actually have two children, and I'm only 19! lol. I have my son, who just turned 1, and I have a soon to be step daughter, who will be 3 in April, and I'm going to school full time. Last year what I did was I took my sons bouncer to my friends house and set him up in the shade far enough away from the water, but close enough to me for comfort and we'd splash around in the pool and sometimes take him in with us, and then we'd lounge on the chairs and read while he played with his toys, enjoyed a bottle, and whatever else. Now that he's one and into everything though we'll probably be spending more time in the water then reading, but I do hope that my fiance will take him once or twice a week so I can sneak away and go read by the pool, it's the most relaxing feeling to lay by the water and read- I love it! I want to finish reading all of Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult's books this year, but right now I'm in the middle of reading this Immortal Series by Alyson Noel. I hate that theres so many books I want to read, and even when I start to read them, more books pile onto the "to-read" list. I'm always so anxious to finish a book so I can start another. :)

message 5: by Britta (new)

Britta (brittaditta) | 24 comments Felicity, I have read all the books on your summer reading list and I think you will love them all! All great books! I am currently reading Time Traveler's Wife and next is Water for Elephants since I refuse to watch the movies before I read the book! Ha ha!

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura C Felicity and Britta: Both the Time Traveler's Wife and Water for Elephants are great books...I really enjoyed both of them! Random, but another author yall may want to look into is Tess Gerritsen. Can't put her books down! :)

message 7: by Betsy (last edited Jul 22, 2011 09:00AM) (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 36 comments Hi
Yep,I'm a summer reader. I probably read more in the three months of summer than I do the rest of the year. I teach,and my family is grown and lives far away so I can rather quilt-free read non-stop, so I do. Since the 17th of June I've read fourteen books. Sing You Home was great. But if you haven't read The Help please do. My favorite of this summer was Crooked Letter,Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin.Another posting called the plot predictable,and yes it was, but the characters are so life-like you will find yourself conversing with them in your mind.

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna | 81 comments I enjoyed Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter too. A very quirky book I read was Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern. I love Irish authors and this book made me want to visit Ireland and London.