College Students! discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Friebel (jenna_friebel) Lately, I've been really into crime TV shows (Criminal Minds, Bones, Lie To Me, NCIS, etc. etc.) So I'm looking for some recommendations of crime books. Do you enjoy crime books as much as crime shows?

message 2: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 78 comments I like some of them. Bones is based on Kathy Reich's books but I've heard that the show is better than the books. I like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series, definitely crime novels, and then fluffier mystery series most of the time...

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Friebel (jenna_friebel) Yeah, I don't think I want to read Kathy Reich's books just because I've heard that they aren't as good as the show, and Bones is one of my favorite shows. I've read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series and I did absoluetly love those.

message 4: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 78 comments I like some spy novels and I think they're similar to the crime ones too. I particularly enjoy the Ian Flemming books aka 007 and I've heard good things about John le Carre as well.

message 5: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I just finished The Complaints by Ian Rankin. It was a Goodreads win and I really liked it. I am going to look into his other books.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary Vogel (nerdvogel) | 4 comments have you read anything by Raymond Chandler? The Big Sleep is the first one to check out!
Also, the The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon is good!

message 7: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I just finished Immoral by Brian Freeman. It was a book my aunt loaned to me. It is written like a Law and Order type tv show. You first have the crime followed by the court case. It was pretty decent.

message 8: by Greg (last edited Jul 05, 2011 03:45PM) (new)

Greg R. | 6 comments Ross Macdonald is an awesome crime novelist. I'd recommend The Chill or The Drowning Pool...this thread was made quite a while though lol so I dunno if the person cares anymore. Oh well, hopefully this will help somebody somewhere.