The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 10.8. Come On, Eat Your Spinach

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Mar 04, 2011 06:38AM) (new)

Sandy | 16197 comments Mod
10.8. Come On, Eat Your Spinach: May is a big month for vegetables and fruit – Carrots and Cauliflower month, Grapefruit and Kiwi Month, National Salad Month, Potatoes and Limes Month, and Sweet Vidalia Onions Month! Read a book with the name of a fruit or vegetable or the word fruit or vegetable in the title, or with a fruit or vegetable on the cover.

For words in the title, singular or plural is fine. The word itself must appear in the title - compound words (i.e. Lemony Snicket) are not allowed.

message 2: by Sandy (last edited Mar 04, 2011 06:36AM) (new)

Okay:

Life From Scratch
titles containing the words "fruit(s)" or "vegetable(s)"

message 3: by Sandy (last edited Mar 04, 2011 06:36AM) (new)

Not okay:

compound words ( such as Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina (stinalynne04) Can the name of the fruit or veggie be part of a word, for example Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography?

message 5: by Sandy (last edited Feb 20, 2011 04:31PM) (new)

Christina wrote: "Can the name of the fruit or veggie be part of a word, for example Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography?"

No, it should be the fruit or vegetable name itself.

message 6: by Fran (new)

Fran | 736 comments From my tbr- looks good

Midnight Brunch (Casa Dracula, #2) by Marta Acosta

message 8: by Juli (new)

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Juli wrote: "I'm going to try and read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society =)"

that one is really good! We read it in our library book group last year - I loved it.

message 10: by Juli (new)

Juli (julifabulous) | 63 comments Sandy wrote: that one is really good! We read it in our library book group last year - I loved it."

I've heard nothing but good things, and it's been on my shelf for awhile now, so I'm looking forward to it.

message 11: by Rachel Lee (new)

Rachel Lee (rlcwt9) | 271 comments Would this work? The bottom is strawberries i believe. Life From Scratch by Melissa Ford

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Rachel Lee wrote: "Would this work? The bottom is strawberries i believe. Life From Scratch by Melissa Ford"

I can't really tell from that picture - you may be able to see if more clearly in person.

message 13: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (walker) | 434 comments Does the word "fruit" work, or only specific fruits?

I'm thinking of: The Devil's Picnic: Around the World in Pursuit of Forbidden Fruit

message 14: by Rachel Lee (new)

Rachel Lee (rlcwt9) | 271 comments Sandy wrote: "Rachel Lee wrote: "Would this work? The bottom is strawberries i believe. Life From Scratch by Melissa Ford"

I can't really tell from that picture - you may be able to see if more clearly i..."

Ok, I was able to see it in person. The top one is kiwi and the bottom one are strawberries so it should work. Thanks.

message 15: by Sandy (new)

Rachel Lee wrote: "Ok, I was able to see it in person. The top one is kiwi and the bottom one are strawberries so it should work. Thanks.
..."

wonderful!

message 16: by Sandy (new)

Joanna wrote: "Does the word "fruit" work, or only specific fruits?

I'm thinking of: The Devil's Picnic: Around the World in Pursuit of Forbidden Fruit"

the word "fruit" or "vegetable" (singular or plural) is okay.

message 17: by Erin (NY) (new)

Erin (NY) (erin_p) | 629 comments How about berries? Do these count as fruit? In particular:
Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson
It looks like cranberries....

message 18: by Sandy (new)

Erin (NY) wrote: "How about berries? Do these count as fruit? In particular:
Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson
It looks like cranberries...."

sure, berries work.

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 381 comments Would Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen work? there are branches from an apple tree with apples on the cover..

message 20: by Sandy (new)

Melanie wrote: "Would Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen work? there are branches from an apple tree with apples on the cover.."

apples are fruit, so sure.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (sarahelaine) | 67 comments I have a question about Task 10.8 in the Spring Challenge (Come On, Eat Your Vegatables). I realise that this is really going out on a limb, but thought I would ask anyway. Would 'The Witch of Portobello' work for this one? It's almost a mushroom!

message 22: by Sandy (new)

Sarah Dee wrote: "I have a question about Task 10.8 in the Spring Challenge (Come On, Eat Your Vegatables). I realise that this is really going out on a limb, but thought I would ask anyway. Would 'The Witch of Port..."

Sorry, that's not going to work.