The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 10.5. It Takes Two

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Feb 19, 2011 04:26AM) (new)

Sandy | 15867 comments Mod
10.5. It Takes Two: April is Couple Appreciation Month – read a book with a 2 word title. Articles such as "a, an, the" count as words. Subtitles may be ignored.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

reserved

message 3: by Sandy (new)

reserved

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 376 comments Would We Worship: A Guide To The Catholic Mass work if I ignored the subtitle following the colon?

Heather in KS

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Heather KS wrote: "Would We Worship: A Guide To The Catholic Mass work if I ignored the subtitle following the colon?

Heather in KS"

yes

message 6: by Juli (new)

Juli (julifabulous) | 63 comments I've got a ton of books on my TBR list that have two words, so I have no idea what I'll do, but a few books I'm leaning toward include House Rules, Home Safe, and Shutter Island

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 1049 comments Juli wrote: "I've got a ton of books on my TBR list that have two words, so I have no idea what I'll do, but a few books I'm leaning toward include House Rules, Home Safe, and [boo..."

I read House Rules by Jodi Picoult and it was really good. Aspergers (so?) was something that I had never really paid attention to before and this book just opened my eyes. I loved it and I would highly recommend this book. It was my first Jodi Picoult book and it was great!

message 8: by Juli (last edited Feb 27, 2011 10:12AM) (new)

Juli (julifabulous) | 63 comments Kathryn wrote: I loved it and I would highly recommend this book. It was my first Jodi Picoult book and it was great!

Thanks for the recommendation Kathryn. I've marked it down in my spreadsheet, so it's 'official' =)

message 9: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1688 comments Also, for Jodi Picoult fans, her newest is about a music therapist and has been accepted for the musician task and most of her books have a lot of courtroom drama so could count there as well. A long time ago, before Jodi Picoult was well known, a small online reading group I was in read her early books and she would join the chats. We had the honor of taking her to dinner when she came to do a reading at Elliott Bay Books in Seattle for about 20 people. Times have sure changed for her! I'm really excited about her new one!
Sing You Home

message 10: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments will you accept an acronym as a word? like in The BFG?

message 11: by Sandy (new)

kiki wrote: "will you accept an acronym as a word? like in The BFG?"

Yes, since it's written as if it were one word.

message 12: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments thanks! :)