The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 10.2. Say what?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Feb 19, 2011 04:28AM) (new)

Sandy | 16194 comments Mod
10.2. Say what?: March 14 is International Ask a Question Day. Read a book with “who,” “what,” “when,” “where,” “why,” or “how” in the title.

message 2: by Sandy (last edited Mar 02, 2011 05:34AM) (new)

anthologies are fine

message 3: by Sandy (last edited Feb 28, 2011 07:04PM) (new)

not okay:
words containing these words - like "nowhere," "whatever," etc.

message 4: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (walker) | 434 comments Do variations of these words work? E.g., Rolling Nowhere: Riding the Rails with America's Hoboes?

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Joanna wrote: "Do variations of these words work? E.g., Rolling Nowhere: Riding the Rails with America's Hoboes?"

No, the words themselves need to be in the title.

message 6: by Juli (new)

Juli (julifabulous) | 63 comments I'm gong to try The Girl Who Played with Fire for this task, I'll just have to fit the first book in somewhere else =)

message 7: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1745 comments Juli wrote: "I'm gong to try The Girl Who Played with Fire for this task, I'll just have to fit the first book in somewhere else =)"

I may tackle this trilogy this time, too! I found #1 when I searched my "Circle of Friends".

message 8: by Juli (last edited Feb 27, 2011 05:36PM) (new)

Juli (julifabulous) | 63 comments Karen GHHS wrote: "I may tackle this trilogy this time, too! I foun..."

i managed to fit book 1 into the birthdays task =)

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments it is also a translation, so it would fit there if you don't have it already; you could borrow it from the library, or try the audiobook (the narrator is really good) for the going green challenge

message 10: by MsOPP (new)

MsOPP | 130 comments Would an anthology work?

I'm thinking of reading Where's My Hero?

message 11: by Sandy (new)

MsOPP (Julie) wrote: "Would an anthology work?

I'm thinking of reading Where's My Hero?"

sure

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin (eecamp) | 0 comments I just wanted to check and make sure that we can use words from subtitles as well.

I was hoping to read: Manthropology: The Science of Why the Modern Male Is Not the Man He Used to Be

Thanks!

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Erin wrote: "I just wanted to check and make sure that we can use words from subtitles as well.

I was hoping to read: [book:Manthropology: The Science of Why the Modern Male Is Not the Man He Used to Be|802649..."

Subtitles are fine.