Book Club - Paris discussion

Next Book > March Meeting

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne (myunng) | 65 comments Mod
Hello everyone,

Here is the doodle to vote for the book.

And here is the doodle for the date.

Polls will close on Wed, Feb 23rd :)

message 2: by Alan (last edited Feb 18, 2011 04:23AM) (new)

Alan | 172 comments Mod
Just FYI, looks like The Imperfectionists is only available in hardback, until it comes out in paperback at the end of March? Makes it a pricey purchase

message 3: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 13 comments I also think we should try to avoid hardbacks.... They are expensive and annoying to carry around in a handbag.....

message 4: by Frizzi (new)

Frizzi | 60 comments Mod
Yes, you're right. Nevertheless, this book is in pole position. So we need the last votes to decide.

message 5: by Nawal (new)

Nawal | 17 comments Hi,

The paperback version is available(not the pocket size version). You can buy it from Amazon.fr. Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/08573...

message 6: by Anne (last edited Feb 23, 2011 02:57PM) (new)

Hiya !

Book is The Room by Emma Donoghue

Meeting will take place on Wed April 6th

Enjoy :D

message 7: by Jigna (new)

Jigna | 17 comments Hello,

I stopped by the Village Voice Bookshop yesterday and he seemed to have a few copies. He said he could also order additional copies if needed.

(If anyone is interested in reading the Imperfectionists on their own time, he also had the book available in paperback.)

Jigna

message 8: by Nawal (new)

Nawal | 17 comments Thanks Jigna!!

message 9: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Stauber (parismarcia) | 30 comments Just returned from Florida weather was 90 degrees and sunny must be crazy about France to return now. Anyway just downloaded the imperfectionists to my sony reader give you all the low down on it in april looking forword to seeing everyone then.

message 10: by Anne (new)

Hello,

So meeting's next week.

Did all of you like the hotel you met at last time ? Could you order drinks ?

Maybe somewhere directly at métro Châtelet would be preferable ?

What do you think about this place :
L'Imprévu Café
Looks cool :)

message 11: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (lindsv) | 96 comments Mod
that place looks good to me!

message 12: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 13 comments Looks sweet but isn't it a bit small? Will there be a table for around 10 people?

message 13: by Anne (new)

I've never been there but it says that it sits 140 people. Are we expecting that many at the meeting ? :D

message 14: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 13 comments It seemed like there were around 10 last time, but I've only been to one meeting..... How many turn up usually? In any case, I'm not particularly fussed. I'll go anywhere cenrtral, and not too far from a metro station.

message 15: by Anne (new)

Oh no you misunderstood me ! It was a stupid joke, I meant I didn't think we'd be 140 at the next club meeting ;)

I'm ready to hear any suggestions :) It's just that that place looked really cozy, and the kind where you can easily move chairs around.

message 16: by Frizzi (new)

Frizzi | 60 comments Mod
Hey to all of you ... Where are you at with the book?
For our meeting place, is it finally l'imprévu Café?

In any case see you on Wednesday :)

message 17: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Stauber (parismarcia) | 30 comments SORRY I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND MEETING WILL BE AT BRIDGE TOURNAMENT FOR TWO DAYS AT ST QUENTIN HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE NEXT TIME AS TO THE BOOK ROOM REALLY DID NOT ENJOY IT ALL/ THOUGHT IT WAS VERY OVERRATED/

message 18: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 13 comments Finished book and am looking forward to our meeting tomorrow. What time? If we could meet at or after 8 that would be great.

message 19: by Jigna (new)

Jigna | 17 comments Hey I've been to the cafe many times. It's really cute and tucked away in a corner near the Pompidou center. They have more space downstairs, but sometimes it gets filled very quickly. Lots of drinks to choose from but no food.

message 20: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (liney) | 22 comments Hi there,
Also finished the book and looking forward to tomorrow's meeting. L'imprévu Café at 8pm is it?

message 21: by Frizzi (new)

Frizzi | 60 comments Mod
Perfect !

See you tomorrow there ... though I'm warning that I might be late - a lot going in the office at the moment ...

message 22: by Nawal (new)

Nawal | 17 comments Hi,

Sorry, I won't be able to come to the meeting.
Enjoy yourselves!