Delirity discussion

Author F > Demon Slayer - A. Fox

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I love the covers (for 1,3-4), but I don't know if I can finish this series.
I've described it as being in hillbilly hell. I love the guy, but I can't stand the rest of the characters. I don't know if I should even attempt book 2 or not.

message 3: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 17, 2011 11:16PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Sometimes you just have to let a series go if you're not sure about it. Better to hesitate after book 1, then to get stuck later in the series and feel like you can't quit out.

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments It sounds like this is one you need to give up already. If there isn't much you like about it why keep spending time with it. I am sure there are other books that you want to read out there that would be good.

message 5: by Sooz (new)

Sooz Anzalone (soozee) | 55 comments I picked up book #2, since the library doesn't have #1. I liked it enough to read book #3. It does grow on you and will read #4 at some point.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
So, maybe I'll leave it on the back burner and maybe a year from now...

message 7: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I gave up on this about halfway through book 1 after realizing that I was basically skimming the pages and trying to make it to the end so I can use it in a challenge. I'm just not enjoying it. I like the girl and I like Dimitri and I friggin LOVE Pirate but Grandma and the Red Skulls can suck it while taking a long walk off a short pier.

Maybe its because I was skimming but, Grandma bursts into Lizzies life after 30 years of no contact and pulls a come with me if you want to live thing and then the whole coven is a bunch of jerks to her pretty much from the moment she meets them. Their pissed that she doesn't know their ways or that she's meant to be a demon slayer(even though she just found out within the past day or so) and then within hours of meeting them their pulling guns on her? Strangling her? Am I supposed to like these awful harpies? Cause I don't.