What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > romance? novel where the world of witches is split between nature and science and the hero/heroine end up on a touring interview panel... [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (last edited Feb 18, 2011 01:55PM) (new)

Dana (erato) The heroine is a witch of 'the old school' and her magic is based in nature or internal power or something. The hero is a witch whose magic is based on a formula he developed and thinks that magic is more powerful when you use mathematics. They end up on some touring interview panel as opposing views. They are also some type of soul-mate to each other and this draws them together physically. The heroine's parents are one of these 'destined' couples.

The heroine in the story comes from a family of 'earth' witches and they own a herbal farm. I remember she has her own special greenhouse there and there is a big fight scene with the bad guys toward the end of the book in the greenhouse.

The world of magic is also level based with higher numbers meaning you are more powerful and many people use their magic for specific trades. The two main characters are powerful (the hero is a 12 and the heroine is a 13?) and I think that they both teach at (different) universities.

BLAST! I can remember almost everything else about this book, except the title and author. Ugh!

**I remembered something else. The female lead has siblings (one sister and two brothers??) and none of them are 'earth' witches. Meaning they all aren't into farming like the mother and daughter. I think the one sister is into finances like the father is, (I think the male lead and the dad bond over number love when they meet!) and one of (or the only) brother is a computer geek. They, the siblings, in this story have found 'mates' like the parents are to each other. I think the brother's mate is without magic (i.e., vanilla human) or something, but found magic skills once she met the brother. (Her magic was 'activated' or the like.) It smelled a lot like the brother's story might have been a previous book that I missed, and that this 3 or 4 sibling setup was a series possibly.

message 2: by Joseph (last edited Feb 18, 2011 06:04AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments This is a real long shot, but could it be The Black Jewels Trilogy: Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, Queen of the Darkness by Anne Bishop? I hope someone can answer this for you, because it sure sounds like a book I would like to read.

message 3: by Dana (last edited Feb 18, 2011 01:50PM) (new)

Dana (erato) Thanks for the try, but no, that isn't it. I own almost every one of Anne's books and have read the BJT about 5 times. I would smack myself if I confused that world for this one.

This book was just a random paperback that I grabbed as a 'filler' read a year or two ago.

Good try. :)

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie | 5 comments i have no idea what book it is, but it sounds like an awesome read! i hope you find out so i can look it up and read it

message 5: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) HA! A local librarian hooked me up on novelist and I found the thing 3 minutes later...hehehe! It is...

Your Magic or Mine?

...and it is part of a series as well. Whew, relief. :)

message 6: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments Cool! Glad you were able to identify it, now I can check it out. :-)

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 5 comments awesome! thanks from me too :) now me and my roommate can find and read these books