SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Book-of-the-Month > [Mar 2011] "Shadowfever" Sign-Up

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Please sign-up here if you will be reading (or have already read) Shadowfever and will be joining us here in March to discuss it.

Looking forward to it! Happy Reading!

If you'd like to sign up and get a reminder, head to our March BOM Event Link

message 2: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 23, 2011 08:59PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Members listed here are based on a 'yes' or 'maybe' RSVP from event invite and/or sign-up below.

Members Participating:
Kristen
Judithe
FlibBityFLooB
Wan
Dana
Jessica E
Zina

message 3: by Kristen (last edited Feb 20, 2011 01:17PM) (new)

Kristen  (yogamamareads) | 422 comments Yes.

I'll only be reading it if I can get it from the library. :-)

message 4: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments I'm reading it next week! See you here in March :)

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Enjoy!

message 6: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB | 169 comments I read it and will be in on the discussion :)

message 7: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 7 comments I keep seeing things on GR about this Fever series. I must find out what the fuss is all about.

message 8: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 612 comments I'm reading it next week too.

message 9: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Yay! Let me know when you start it!

message 10: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Jessica E wrote: "I keep seeing things on GR about this Fever series. I must find out what the fuss is all about."

LOL Jessica. That's mostly b/c Shadowfever, the last book in the series, was recently released. So many GRers are re-reading the first 4 and/or reading SF. :) You should give it a go and see what you think. It's a very fun series. And now that SF is out, you won't have to suffer long waits in-between books, they have some wicked cliff hangers. Hope you enjoy it!

message 11: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 19, 2011 05:08PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Judithe wrote: "Yay! Let me know when you start it!"

I'm going to post a "Buddy Read" thread or folder here soon b/c AH & I are going to read the 2nd Zodiac book together in March. If you want, you and Wan can add SF and chat/read/post there together. Up to you guys. :)

message 12: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Great idea....depending on how today goes, I'll probably start it tonight or tomorrow. One good night's sleep has settled me a bit....besides, once I read Shadowfever, almost all my monthly challenges will be done!

message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) | 922 comments Me too please! I'm reading the series again right now and will be finishing SF right on time for this chit-chat. :)

I just discovered the Fever series last year, read through the first 4 in like 6 days and then went, "WHHHHHHhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat! you can't leave me hanging like that KMM!"

Apparently, as the author, she can.

I am thoroughly enjoying my rereads, but at times I get a bit distracted by the existance of SF....(Dana rips her glazed eyes from the cover of SF, dabs at the drool on her chin, and throws herself back into the previous books in Mac's world.) I'm quite sure the phrase, frenemy, was produced to decribe my relationship to 'anticipation'.

message 14: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments LOL!

message 15: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 19, 2011 06:05PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Judithe wrote: "Great idea....depending on how today goes, I'll probably start it tonight or tomorrow. One good night's sleep has settled me a bit....besides, once I read Shadowfever, almost all my monthly challe..."

Yay! Enjoy and congrats on finishing all challenge reads for the month. :)

I'm not sure where I'll create our thread, but maybe in "Member Lists" for now, unless people want to make it a bigger group thing. (Buddy reads) So, feel free to create a thread anywhere you'd like, or pass, whichever works best for ya'll.

ETA: Time differences will make it a bit hard to read together, so thought the thread would help us chat about where in the story we both are while reading.

message 16: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 7 comments I got the Darkfever book today and plan on starting it soon. If I get hooked on it like all you have then I will be excited to read the whole series all at once. *grins*

message 17: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Lucky ducky! :D Enjoy!

message 18: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments I almost wish I were doing that, too, Jessica! Hope you enjoy it!

message 19: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 7 comments I started the book today. I will let you gals know how I like it.

message 20: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Me, too!

message 21: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1399 comments count me in too....I just started reading the second in the series and I am hooked....

message 22: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Gotcha, Zina. :) Enjoy the series!

message 23: by Wan (last edited Feb 24, 2011 12:28PM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 612 comments Steph -- couldn't wait -- I just finished mine. But I will participate in the discussion though. I have tons to talk about. :-)

message 24: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Me, too!!!

message 25: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments LOL! No worries, Wan. I've read it too, but looking forward to chatting with everyone about it next month.

message 26: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 7 comments Darkfever was a bit of a slow start but it ended on a good note. I cannot wait to find out more about Barrons. He seems very interesting.
The relationship between Mac and Barrons seems very similar to Cassie Palmer and Pritkin' relationship from Karen Chance's books.

I am on to the second book in the series.

message 27: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments The story gets better with each book, Jessica. Enjoy! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadowfever (other topics)