The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Edward G. Talbot here

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edward (last edited Feb 17, 2011 06:40PM) (new)

Edward (edwardgtalbot) Reporting for Duty, reminds me of John kerry at the 2004 convention.

But I digress. I'm a thriller author, but we'll leave that for the appropriate place. I'm a huge fan of thrillers and to a lesser extent mysteries. Love pre-1990 Cussler and Clancy, Michael Crichton, Lee Child, Daniel Silva, Frederick Forsyth, Robert Ludlum to name a few. I'm kind of partial to Dorothy Sayers as well, largely for her wonderful use of language, though I certainly don't require wonderful use of language to enjoy a book. Just give me something that makes me lose sleep and I'm happy.

Of course, I'm an insomniac, so that's not the highest bar in the world. . .

message 2: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Edward. Glad you found us.

message 3: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardgtalbot) Thanks, Donna!

message 4: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Insomniac lovers of Dorothy Sayers, unite!

Hi Edward, welcome. You're in good company here and I'm sure you'll find lots of new stuff to lose sleep over.

message 5: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardgtalbot) Or dyslexic insomniac lovers of Dorothy Sayers, untie. At midnight.

Thanks, Hayes.

message 6: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Who's dylsexic?

message 7: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardgtalbot) Hayes -

You'll have to ignore my warped sense of humor. Whenever I see someone say " unite!", I always think of the bad joke bumper sticker "dyslexics untie." Thus my reference :)

message 8: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

no, no... you missed my dyl-sexic... everyone in my family is dyslexic so I think it's a funny line ;-)

message 9: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardgtalbot) *smacks himself in the forehead* On man, do I feel stoopid, Hayes! Funny.

message 10: by Almeta (last edited Feb 20, 2011 04:50AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 182 comments Hayes wrote: "Who's dylsexic?"

Edward wrote: "*smacks himself in the forehead* On man, do I feel stoopid, Hayes! Funny."

YEESS that was funny. If you had been here you would have heard my chuckle. (That's different than LOL.)

Welcome Edward. Check out the games sections. You should fit in well with this zany group.

message 11: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardgtalbot) Almeta wrote: "Hayes wrote: "Who's dylsexic?"

Edward wrote: "*smacks himself in the forehead* On man, do I feel stoopid, Hayes! Funny."

YEESS that was funny. If you had been here you would have heard my c..."

heh, problem is if I check out the games section, I'll never leave. I get distracted easil- oh look, a duck!

message 12: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 182 comments Edward wrote: "Almeta wrote: "Hayes wrote: "Who's dylsexic?"

Edward wrote: "heh, problem is if I check out the games section, I'll never leave. I get distracted easil- oh look, a duck!..."

Yes, I know. Why are we not reading right now?