Mr. Seibert's Reading Class discussion

Pages;223-261

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anson (new)

Anson Blackburn | 39 comments When Katniss was in the bush next to the tree she was hiding from Cato and waited until they left.If you were Katniss would have came out of the bushes and killed Cato and get him out of the way,or would you have had stayed in the bushes like she did?That one choice could have had changed the whole book ,so choose wisely.Also give specific evidence and details why you would have made that choice.

message 2: by Anson (new)

Anson Blackburn | 39 comments While the Games are in progress,Katniss in the woods ,and at night time when they show all the people who have died,she ask in her head if Peeta or Rue was dead.What is one characteristic can you give Katniss of the mix of being a hunter and a caring person(dont use my examples).I want you to think big and give a word you wouldnt use in your everyday life.Just to make it more better give examples in the book showing this characteristic.

message 3: by Havelyn (new)

Havelyn (MiaBooBaby) | 69 comments When Katniss was in the bush next to the tree she was hiding from Cato and waited until they left.If you were Katniss would have came out of the bushes and killed Cato and get him out of the way,or would you have had stayed in the bushes like she did?That one choice could have had changed the whole book ,so choose wisely.Also give specific evidence and details why you would have made that choice.

I would have choosen to stay inside of the bushes because If she had gotten out she probably wouldve been badly wounded or killed which would live us with only yhte faith of Peeta trying to win. Most of the book probably wouldn't have been they way it is and they probably wouldn't have allowed to people to have the chance to win now.

message 4: by Havelyn (new)

Havelyn (MiaBooBaby) | 69 comments While the Games are in progress,Katniss in the woods ,and at night time when they show all the people who have died,she ask in her head if Peeta or Rue was dead.What is one characteristic can you give Katniss of the mix of being a hunter and a caring person(dont use my examples).I want you to think big and give a word you wouldnt use in your everyday life.Just to make it more better give examples in the book showing this characteristic.

Katniss is a very good killer in hunting but also in the games. She also is caring. The reason I say this is because inside the book when the boy from District 1 killed Rue she killed him without a second thought, but not only that; she actually put flowers around Rue. She is caring because when she found Peeta she took care of his wounded leg and risked her life just to save his. Also she probably is falling in love with him too.

message 5: by Shyen (last edited Feb 17, 2011 06:37PM) (new)

Shyen Hardiman (ShyenHardiman) | 56 comments When Katniss was in the bush next to the tree she was hiding from Cato and waited until they left.If you were Katniss would have came out of the bushes and killed Cato and get him out of the way,or would you have had stayed in the bushes like she did?That one choice could have had changed the whole book ,so choose wisely.Also give specific evidence and details why you would have made that choice.

If i was in here position I would have stayed there, Not knowing what type of weapons he had or if anybody was near,ready to attack.
If she would have attacked i think the book would have ended a little sooner, also I think that Katniss would have died in the battle. I would have made that choice because me knowing that I was already badly injured and going half -deaf temporarily anything could have happened at any time. She also had to worry about Rue.

message 6: by Shyen (new)

Shyen Hardiman (ShyenHardiman) | 56 comments Anson wrote: "While the Games are in progress,Katniss in the woods ,and at night time when they show all the people who have died,she ask in her head if Peeta or Rue was dead.What is one characteristic can you g..."

Katniss is a 2-sided person , In my opinion there isn't really a word that I would use to describe Katniss. It time of attack she is a hardcore person, Not scared of anything. Ready to take on any body or anything. but then again there is a time when she is her true self, Loving caring observant and she gives of a feeling of Homebound, Meaning when ever I read about her caring for Rue or Prim I get a feeling that I am at home with my family. Like, she gives off the feeling of a parent.

message 7: by Anson (new)

Anson Blackburn | 39 comments NICE response you all,you put your own opinion and thoughts into it to make it more of a good response.

message 8: by D'onte (new)

D'onte Montague | 41 comments Anson wrote: "When Katniss was in the bush next to the tree she was hiding from Cato and waited until they left.If you were Katniss would have came out of the bushes and killed Cato and get him out of the way,or..."

personally would have went out and shot them all.knowing what i know about about arrows i would have came out knowing clove can throw a knife pretty well i would have shot her first.i knew it took 5 seconds to reload i would have took the time to shoot cato then so on and so on leaving my ally my fellow district mate,thresh,and foxface.