Room 107, Period 2 discussion

Books to read

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terry (new)

Terry | 14 comments Mod
What three (or more) books are you adding to your 'to read' list? What makes them appealing to you? Use these web sites - and others you find - to help you find items.

Best Young Adult Books http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/yal...

Deliciously Clean http://homespunlight.blogspot.com/sea...

Sci-Fi http://thisrecording.com/today/2010/1...

Strong Women http://bitchmagazine.org/sites/defaul...

For Guys http://guyslitwire.blogspot.com/

message 2: by Jared (new)

Jared greenwald | 5 comments One of the books I wish to read is City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare because it is the second book in a series I am reading.

The The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins looks interesting and many of my friends have recommended it to me.

Another book I would like to read is The Ask and the Answer by The Ask and the Answer also looks interesting because I really enjoyed the first book in this series.

message 3: by Trevor (new)

Trevor | 5 comments 1. The curse of Macbeth, and other theatrical superstitions: An investigation i was hooked when i saw the cover. 2.Hitman, Vol. 1 i think this book would be a action packed story that would be fun to read. 3.Trapped this book caught my attention and made me think what if i was in that school?

message 4: by William (new)

William Powell | 2 comments B.P.R.D. Volume 4: The Dead the cover makes it apealing to me
The curse of Macbeth, and other theatrical superstitions: An investigation the summary of the book on guys lit wire seemed pretty good and it cought my attention
Black Hole Sun this book sounds pretty good and its under the books that kick ass category so a lot of people said that it sounds pretty good im guessing. also the song black hole sun is pretty good jsut saying

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Three books I would like to read this year are ...
Beastly by Alex Flinn because the movie looks good.
Sticks and Stones by Beth Goobie
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. My friends have recommended this book to me several times

message 6: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 5 comments One of the books I wish to read is Desperation by Stephen King because one of my friends recommended it to me.
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins is also something i wish to read because i read the first book in its series
Another book I would like to read is The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks because one of my friends also recommended this book to me. :)

message 7: by Ivette (new)

Ivette Fuentes | 6 comments I want to read BlissbyLauren Myracle because this is someting I wouldnt read but it looks intersting.
I want to read Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles because I have read books by Simone Elkeles and I want to read more by her.
I want to read Beastly by Alex Flinn because I've seen the perview for the movie and it looks intersting

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Galvan | 5 comments I would like to read Preyby Michael Crichtonbecause its about abuse and that's my reading interest.
I would also like to read Hate Listby Jennifer Brownbecause it looks like a very interesting book.
Lastly I would like to read Dreamriderby Barry Jonsbergbecause my friends have read it and said it was really good and had a great plot.

message 9: by Deyraun (new)

Deyraun Stamps 1.The Blind Side by Michael Lewis is a book i would want to read, because i seen the movie and i want to see if the book is relative to the movie unlike other books.
2.Glory Road: My Story of the 1966 NCAA Basketball Championship and How One Team Triumphed Against the Odds byDon Haskins i would like to read this book, because it is about basketball. and as we all know im in love with basketball haha.
Tyrell by Coe Booth would be a good book for me to read because it has something to do with a lifestyle im familiar with

message 10: by Jeff (new)

Jeff King The Ruins of Gorlan Because I am into that kind of scifi action.

Tunnels of Blood 3rd book in the series iI am reading.

61 Hours It looks like it would interest me.

message 11: by Josh (new)

Josh Mondragon | 7 comments SphereThis caught my intenstion to make me ad this as one of the three books to read beacuse the short summary on this was very interesting it was definitly a sci fi book because it had aliens in it so it seemed like it had alot of action in it.
The Dragonriders of PernI picked this book also in one of the three books to read books because the cover of the novel looks very adventures and so does the summary.
The Forever War This book is one book i would like to read because it gives like a star wars theme to it so i thought it was very interesting.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily Martinez Friction by E.R. Frank. I want to read this book because my friend recommended it to me. It sounds very interesting.
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Everybodys reading this book, and everyone says its cute and interesting. I really want to read this book.
Hate List by Jennifer Brown. I adding this book to my to read because i like reading books like this. It sounds interesting.

message 13: by Elisabeth (last edited Feb 17, 2011 11:30AM) (new)

message 14: by Ryan (last edited Sep 29, 2011 05:43PM) (new)

Ryan Evans I did't find 3 books but I did find 1 book that I would like to try to get into the library at Reed High School. Wide Open: A Life in Supercross By:Jeremy McGrath. It looks like a very appealing book for any motocrosser at the school, and I belive it would be worth getting.

message 15: by Justin (new)

Justin  Bieber | 4 comments The three books I would like to read is 61 Hoursbecause it seems like an action book and will keep me interested all the way through. Blade: Out of the Shadows I would like to read this book because it reminds me of the movie bourne ideinty and how he is trying find out who he is. The Hunger Games i would like to read because jeff king recommeded it to me and said it is a good action book.

message 16: by Eric (new)

Eric Coxson | 4 comments You by Charels Benoit. Recomended to me by Mr. DeBarger. Hitman volume 1 by Garth Ennis. it sounds like it has action in it and i like action books. Blind side by Michael Lewis. I've seen the movie and it was good so i think the book will also be good.

message 17: by Steve (new)

Steve Kim | 2 comments 1.The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I picked this one because I thought this title of the book was very interesting.
2.Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins because I like the hunger games and the catching fire so far. So I think also the third book will be really good.

message 18: by Nathalie (new)

Nathalie Renteria (nathalilerenteria) Dreamland by Sarah Dessen the cover caught my eye.
Bad Girls Don't Die byKatie Alender it looks interesting I would like to see how a little girl would become obsessed with an antique doll.
Say the Word by Jeannine Garsee i liked how the cover looks