Invisibooks for Invisipeeps discussion

What genre would you like to try? Which is your favorite?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Future (new)

Future Cat Lady (future-cat-lady) | 30 comments Mod
Let's get to know each other a little better.

My favorite genre is historical fiction. Attached is one of my favorite books. Nefertiti

As some of you may know, the genre I am looking to try is mystery. I have read Agatha Christie and Conan Doyle and I am looking to expand!

If someone posts about a genre you know well, feel free to recommend a book here.

message 2: by Whatsherface (new)

Whatsherface | 12 comments My favorite genre is mystery/thrillers. Since I can remember I have loved to read and my first book I remember picking up outside of the school books was a Nancy Drew mystery. I also remember desperate for a new book to read, at the tender age of 11/12 I pulled the following titles off the shelves, The Godfather, Valley of the Dolls and The Choirboys. My parents were given the books and never read them and probably still to this day are not aware of what their little girl was reading. My nose was in a book and I was quiet and they were happy.

I love walking down the library aisles searching for a new author or series. I recently received a Kindle and now worry that it will attach itself to my hands and I will never get another thing done.

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin I'm not sure. I'm kind of stuck in mysteries right now, but there's still more I want to read. And I'm not sure what else I would read.

I really just need to read more than my usual 15-20 minutes a night so I can finish my books quicker.

message 4: by Riding (new)

Riding WY Wind (RidingintheWYWind) | 26 comments I generally read mysteries thrillers, I did download on my kindle the two medical thrillers by Richard Mabry that were suggested on thread this AM. I read about anything, other than westerns, and pure sci fi. I just enjoy reading for enjoyment and relaxing.

message 5: by Alittlelost (new)

Alittlelost | 2 comments I generally like mysteries and thrillers, but I like a wide variety of books. If it's well written and has a good story/plot I'll probably like it. I read some fluff mysteries and semi-romance (not full on bodice rippers, but lighter fair) as well. Also a big Stephen King fan. I'm having fun branching out as I'm getting free books on my nook, ones I might not otherwise pick up.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (wildkitties) | 28 comments I am also right now into the mysteries/thrillers. I'm reading a lot of cop dramas - Michael Connelly and Henning Mankell are the top 2 authors at the moment. But I'm up to reading anything. I'm impressed that some of you have 100s of books listed already!

message 7: by MISCHA (new)

MISCHA (mischakittykat) | 3 comments My favourite are mystery/thrillers--leaning more to adventure thrillers/medical thrillers/spy thrillers. Right now I'm listening to (in the car) The Templar Salvation by Raymond Khoury; and reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

message 8: by Gal (new)

Gal Friday | 1 comments Thrillers are my favorite but I'm open to just about anything. I love Dean Koontz and Stephen King but Stephen King tends to get a little wordy at times.

message 9: by Neededanewname (new)

Neededanewname | 2 comments I like anything but Romance.

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenflute) | 33 comments My favorite used to be mystery/suspense, but it's turned into historical fiction. I'll read just about anything, though.

message 11: by Hamsterfan (new)

Hamsterfan | 3 comments Hi kitties! What's your favorite Mankell book? I think The Fifth Woman is probably at the top of my list.

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela (wildkitties) | 28 comments Hi Hamsterfan, I liked the Fifth Woman but right now I think Sidetracked would be my favorite, but it's hard to pick. Well maybe not a favorite but one I've remembered too well.

message 13: by Cactus (new)

Cactus | 20 comments I like general fiction and literature. I really enjoy mysteries and crime fiction. Very occasionally I read science fiction or fantasy.
I also like a variety of non fiction, including memoirs, biographies, and books about social issues, pop culture, movies, religion, and crime.
I have read one Henning Mankell book, Faceless Killers.