~Opinions~ discussion

Debates > The Ideal Person

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Siareen | 533 comments Mod
what do you think and ideal person should be? what traits should he have? what kind of person do you aspire to be?

message 2: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Don't you mean 'whilst debating'? lol

message 3: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

hu? no, i dont think so.
as a whole, what kind of person would you like to be. for every person its different, so there is room to debate it...

message 4: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ohhh.

Erm, well: I think a person should definatly have a sense of humour; I totally hate it when people act like there's nothing to life (all gloomy and dark). A person should be respectful (take whatever meaning you want from that), they should care for others, even if they don't feel like it.

Oh and most importantly; a person should not BUTT into other people's business :)

^my image of a perfect person.

message 5: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

personally, i think that ideally, people should be well balanced. people that only do good the whole time end up forgetting themselves and ofter their family, while people that do bad... i think you get my point.
the ideal person should know when it was right to love, but also when hate is needed, and when it is, they should know how do dispense of it properly.
people need to have the right balance between helping themselves and helping others, between always being busy, and having some time to sit back and relax.
i think it is also important to be level headed and take everything in proportions.

what i really cant stand are people that cant think for themselves, and take on others opinions because that is what they are fed. people that follow stuff blindly without looking into it.

if i think of more, ill post it...

message 6: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Oh and most importantly; a person should not BUTT into other people's business :)

never? i agree with you as a whole, but there are some times where the butting in is needed. like if there are two children fighting, its better to split them up then to let them keep doing it

message 7: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) well if you actually look at that; if the parents butt then it is their business... rght?

message 8: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

what about if you see someone abusing their kid in public? shouldnt you butt in to stop that? a lot of people wouldn't because its not their businessmen

message 9: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) It's still your business: as a human you should care for al. But if like a person is being scolded, you shouldn't glare or mutter stuff anf all. That's when you're BUTTING. lol

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments I agree being balanced.

message 11: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

how is muttering stuff butting in? your not going in to their private lives, your just displaying your opinion about a matter they happen to be taking part in.

message 12: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

what kind of person do YOU aspire to be?

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Hahaha i'm not an ideal person but yeah.

Someone being smart(in many ways), but at the same time kind of lost and confused(in many ways), Someone who makes mistakes and learns from them, someone who cares but doesn't get attatched too often. Someone who is proud to be themselves, of where they are from, but not patriotic.. if thats the word :P

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments And someone who is happy but has their moods, and ofcourse they need a sense of humor, especially if they talk to me.

message 15: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

lol, smart..,
wait, why not patriotic?

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments patriotism is okay, but not too much of it... I mean you would then go around saying how much you love your country and inspired by it but you would never see the bad things that its doing. I mean no country can be perfect. And when someone is patriotic they only see the good things. which is good, but its also good to understand the bad points, if you know what im saying here.

message 17: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

i think i get it... but i also think it is important to be patriotic.

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Not too much though. Yeah you should be proud of your country but dont boast about it and stuff, because other people who are not patriotic will know the bad things too... am i making sense?

message 19: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

yes, you are. its a good point...
and you can be patriotic and still notice the bad things about your country

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Yeah maybe. But it gets annoying when people are all like "My country is the best." it also makes other people feel bad in some way.

message 21: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Siareen wrote: "how is muttering stuff butting in? your not going in to their private lives, your just displaying your opinion about a matter they happen to be taking part in."

I think it's none of anyone's business in that situation, and it's rude to mutter.

message 22: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Wait, are we talking about OUR individual ideal person, or an overall ideal person?

message 23: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ours

message 24: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments I don't have an ideal person. If I did, I'd never meet the person, because I have pretty high standards. I wouldn't like an ideal person, though. Faults are one of the things that make people interesting.

message 25: by Lauren (last edited Feb 17, 2011 02:22PM) (new)

Lauren (djinni) I've already discovered what my ideal boyfriend would be, but he lives too far away for it to be practical.

message 27: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Lauren wrote: "I've already discovered what my ideal boyfriend would be, but he lives too far away for it to be practical."

aww, that's sad :(

message 28: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Donatello (Jerry) wrote: "I don't have an ideal person. If I did, I'd never meet the person, because I have pretty high standards. I wouldn't like an ideal person, though. Faults are one of the things that make people inter..."

i didnt mean a person, i meant the different traits and stuff you think would make a perfect person.
what are those high standards

message 29: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

oh, and ruby, everyone should have their own country which they think is the best, and that way nobody would get offended.
its like nobody gets offended if someone really really really likes the color blue and you dont...

message 30: by Megamarie (new)

Megamarie | 127 comments an ideal person should be caring and sensitive. he thinks of others before thinking of himself. a daredevil. this person knows when to risk things and when not too. this person is a good leader. one that doesn't talk much but acts immediately. one that plans ahead and has the ability to amend the plans to suit everyone's needs.

message 31: by Nate (new)

Nate The ideal person doesn't exist.lol jk

message 32: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

just because he doesnt exist doesnt mean we cant have expectations of ourselves or of what he should be... :)

message 33: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I'M sure everyone's expectations can be achevieved in at least one alive human being. That is, if you're expectations aren't too much. It's just whether you'll meet that person or not

message 34: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments I'd never find all my expectations in a single person, because I have no idea what those expectations are!

message 35: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

so you dont have any?
you dont know what kinda person you want to be?
what traits you want to work on on yourself?

message 36: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments I know. It's sad. I don't know what I want to be. But I have time; I'm still young. Yes, I know I should start now, but I am completely clueless when it comes to this. So I'm just going to go along with whatever happens, and make a few adjustments if I think they need to be made.

message 37: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) So you have no idea for what is "good" for you? What traits, habits...

message 38: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments All I want to be is dedicated, and not afraid to be my own person. That's it for now.

message 39: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Well, that is something

message 40: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Ha, I guess so. But it's not much. I guess that makes it easier, though, if I start out small.

message 41: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) No, it's still something to start with so, good :)

message 42: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments I think the world is ending. I just had a calm, civilized conversation with Amina.

message 43: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Donatello, seriously, drop it.
people will insult you in life. if it really bother you so much, they are the ones who won, not you

message 44: by Jerry (last edited Feb 19, 2011 08:51PM) (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Holy crap, I did drop it! You're the one bringing it up now! Did I mention being insulted? No, I did not. So YOU drop it.

message 45: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Lol, it's like that in this group - one one discussion you're fighting, and in another you're having a pleasant talk. I think it's happened with most people here.

message 46: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

right Don, because im sure you meant something else when you mentioned having a civilized conversation with Amina

lol, i like that about this group too :)

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I think societies ideal person must be horrible. A perfect person would annoy the crap outta me. Ideal is a very individual thing, wouldn't you say? Anyway, here's mine:

Aspire to be
Not perfect, in any way, form or shape. Far from actually. I try hard to be myself, and only myself. To not care what others think of me. To have fun, to live fully. To learn, to achieve and to travel. To keep in touch with my friends, to dwell in myself, to be able to take care of myself. To be who I am, and be proud of it.

Ideal boyfriend
Sweet - but not sugasweet. Funny, should always be able to make me laugh. Should be able to take things seriously. Should have his own opinions and stand by them. Should be just a teensy bit jealous sometimes, but not more than a teensy bit. Should be proud to be with me. Should be interested in what I have to say. Should be smart, but not in the same areas as me. Should be able to cook. Should be great with kids. Should not be seriously religious (no offense or anything). Should have brown or dark blue eyes. Should be good-looking, but not hot. Should be taller than me. Should be able to protect me, but not actually try to - he should damnwell know that I don't need it. Should also be a little older than me.

Ideal, in general
A person who dwells in themselves, I'd say. If they are okay with being who they are, it's hard not to like them. Such people are usually honest, confident and fun to be around. An ideal person would not care what others thought or said, and they wouldn't always try to get everyone to like them. They would have gone trough some sort of hardship in their lives, and would be set on living their lives fully. They would do and wear what they felt like, and they would stand the fuck up for what they believed in.

message 48: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Siareen wrote: "right Don, because im sure you meant something else when you mentioned having a civilized conversation with Amina

lol, i like that about this group too :)"

I SWEAR i did not mean to bring it up again, siareen.

message 49: by Jerry (last edited Feb 20, 2011 09:52AM) (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Emma: love that "ideal in general"! But why would you care about your boyfriend's eye color??

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Ah, I wouldn't. It's just the "ideal". If I could shape him, ya' know.

« previous 1