Art Lovers discussion

Talent of the Members > Lorie's Work

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Lorie, I don't feel right in posting all your pieces myself so here is the format to post them yourself. I only know how to do it one way, maybe if you have a Mac, someone else can help you with it:

[image error]

On your painting, right click and select Copy Image Location. Then paste that address in between the " " above. If you have trouble with this, let me know.

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1942 comments No different with a Mac. The process is determined by this website, not by your computer.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Thanks, Ruth. I didn't know that.

message 4: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments

message 5: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments Ok, It worked! this is a fiber piece, I do a lot of hand dying of fabric and thread. It's about 32x22" I have a love of color, as is evident.
Thanks for the tip, Ruth,and Heather..I'll put a few more up.

message 6: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments This one is of a luminary that is done here every Memorial Day to commemorate the 15k soldiers buried in our National Park here in Fredericksburg. There's a companion piece of the night view, once all the luminaria are lit. It's quite a sight to see. Both quilts are at a national show in Hampton, Va. next weekend (24-27 Feb) It took me many hours to do this one.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Yes, your love of color is evident! I love it, too. That is one thing that drew me to the masters like Matisse and others. I think color is a fundamental aspect of art...In my opinion.

message 8: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1942 comments I love #4!

message 9: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments ..and a painting or two..did I mention mixed media work?

message 10: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments ..and landscape. We live in a border area of rural/suburbs it's been a steady inspiration of the two subject for some time. This was of a just plowed field, not yet 'baled'.

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather It's nice to hear your descriptions of what we are observing, too!

message 12: by Monica (new)

Monica | 909 comments Wow, Lori, you've got talent with a capital T!

message 13: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments Thanks Monica! I love art. Books too, I wish I had the gift of writing, or music, but I'm happy to be an appreciator!

message 14: by Nora (new)

Nora | 1 comments It is amazing! I love art and literature!
Lorie, thank you for sharing your talent with us!

message 15: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments Thanks Nora!

message 16: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments There's more here,
www.loriemccown.com

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather Lorie wrote: "There's more here,
www.loriemccown.com"

Man! Lorie, I love 'em!

message 18: by Monica (new)

Monica | 909 comments Your site is beautiful, too, Lorie, thank you. Very well done!

message 19: by Carol (new)

Carol (goodreadscomcarolann) | 1140 comments Great artwork Lorie!

message 20: by Lorie (new)

Lorie (lorie_mccown) | 57 comments Thanks Carol.

message 21: by Ed (new)

Ed Smiley | 871 comments Nice. I like the wet touch you have with the paint handling. :)

message 22: by Judi (new)

Judi (jvaughn) | 59 comments Lorie, I love this piece! I too adore color. I can see that I need to branch out from just paintings and start checking out fiber artists.