Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Recommendation for YOUNG ADULT PARANORMAL ROMANCE

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 74 comments I am into forbidden love and perhaps love triangles...

WHAT IS A SERIES SIMILAR TO OTHERWORLD SERIES BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG?????

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments You might like these two:
Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series
Kim Harrison's Madison Avery series

message 3: by *Angela* (new)

*Angela* | 56 comments I haven't read the Otherworld series, but here are some YAs I would recommend. Shiver (Maggie Steifvater) was great--haven't read the second book yet. Also loved the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. And definitely Wake by Lisa McMann. I read lots of YA because I have 2 daughters in that age group!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I haven't read Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series although I read some of her adult series. If you want forbidden love, The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass are the epitome of forbidden love and my favorite of all in the YA genre. I also love the Iron Fey series starting with The Iron King It's a love triangle.
Nothing as good as the Mortal Instruments - I have read them four times and have the audio books. My granddaughter has also read them four times. My brother (& you can guess he is not a kid if I am a grandmother LOL) has read them twice.

message 5: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (krh23) | 27 comments Here are a few of my favs..
Morganville Vampires
The Mortal Instruments
Vampire Academy
My Blood Approves Series
and of course...Twilight

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments Of course Twilight. I have lost my perspective on it at this point after reading it countless times when I first found them in 2007. It started me reading again (forced me to go to the eye doctor and to be able to see. LOL), led me to the YA genre, and started so many of my friends and family reading who had never read before. I wouldn't be on here if it were not for Twilight.

message 7: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments My favaorite is Vampire Academy. I also enjoyed Shiver.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I love Shiver and Linger too and anxiously awaiting Forever. I couldn't get into Vampire Academy but we all have our own preferences - which is as it should be.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments the Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong The Summoning The Awakening The Reckoning so good!

its not paranormal, but the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins is a-freaking-mazing! The Hunger Games Catching Fire Mockingjay

message 10: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 49 comments Cassandra Clare's books are brilliant!

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 371 comments Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer was a good shifter YA book with a love triangle.

message 13: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 74 comments I really want to read Kissed by an angel!

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 38 comments A great young adult vampire author is Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Her book, Demon in my View, is an all time favorite of mine. Another great book is Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde.

message 15: by Alese (new)

Alese (ireadtoescapereality) | 16 comments Erika- I bought it from m cousin for like two dollars.. It was amazing...

message 16: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (krh23) | 27 comments Kerry wrote: "Here are a few of my favs..
Morganville Vampires
The Mortal Instruments
Vampire Academy
My Blood Approves Series
and of course...Twilight"

I bought the Twilight Series for my daughter and when she showed no interest in reading them I decided I would... and I havent stoped reading since so I too credit Twilight to my addiction to reading :)

message 17: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 49 comments Oh yes, I forgot My Blood Approves! Definitely worth a look.

message 18: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cait1204) | 54 comments Hush Hush and Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick
Fallen and Torment - Lauren Kate
Evernight series - Claudia Gray
Need, Captivate, Entice - Carrie Jones

message 19: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 74 comments C.J. wrote: "Oh yes, I forgot My Blood Approves! Definitely worth a look."

Okay :) i will give it a go

message 20: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 74 comments Cait1204 wrote: "Hush Hush and Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick
Fallen and Torment - Lauren Kate
Evernight series - Claudia Gray
Need, Captivate, Entice - Carrie Jones"

I have read both hush hush and crescendo and cant wait for silence.

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lrc123) | 115 comments The Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz is really good! It's one of my favorite series.
The first book is Blue Bloods.
Firelight by Sophie Jordan is really good and it's the first book in a planned trilogy.
There's also Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, i loved it. It's also the first book in a planned trilogy. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White was really good and is not your typical paranormal romance. Yet another first book in a planned trilogy. White Cat by Holly Black was really cool, but there's not too much romance in White Cat. But there probably will be more in the other two books in the trilogy. And of course for a classic love triangle, there's the Vampire Diaries. The Awakening and The Struggle

And i will second, third, and fourth the recommendations of The Mortal Instruments series and the Vampire Academy series and the Evernight series! Those are excellent series and some of my most favorites ever! I loved Hush, Hush and Crescendo as well. Where did you get your avatar from? I really like it!

message 22: by BITE ME (new)

BITE ME (biteme84) Erika wrote: "I really want to read Kissed by an angel!"IT'S realy good to me its an amazing read!!!!

message 23: by AlbertaJenn (last edited Feb 19, 2011 09:49PM) (new)

AlbertaJenn Otherworld isn't her teen series, it is very adult. You may have meant the Darkest Powers.

I really don't have much more to add that hasn't been already, so I will say: what they said! :D

message 24: by Liss (new)

Liss (LissFields) | 16 comments Here are a few of my favorites....
The Mortal Instruments
Morganville Vampires
Evernight series
Vampire Academy

Hope it helps!