What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED!: Rhyme or poem? About a girl who killed her family. [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 63 comments I think the girls name started with an S

She poisoned her father or her mother and she killed some member of her family with an axe I think.

message 2: by Sirvantes (new)

Sirvantes | 93 comments First thing that comes to mind is Lizzie Borden:
Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her mother forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done
She gave her father forty-one.

message 3: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 63 comments Not that one, she had different deaths for each family member.

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (buller) If it is illustrated, it could be an Edward Gorey poem from one of his macabre alphabets.

message 5: by rivka (new)

rivka | 302 comments Sounds like Tom Lehrer's Irish Ballad.

Lyrics
Hear the man himself sing it.

message 6: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 63 comments rivka wrote: "Sounds like Tom Lehrer's Irish Ballad.

Lyrics
Hear the man himself sing it."

I think that's it.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments GreenDaisy, Rivka, All,

Does anybody know if this is in a book?

Should this thread be moved to OTHER-SOLVED (a folder we rarely have use of here, but if it's not a book...)?

message 8: by rivka (new)

rivka | 302 comments Not unless there are songbooks of Lehrer's work. Looks like there are.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments GreenDaisy, If you want to move this to the OTHER-SOLVED folder (use the edit button that shows after the topic title and then the drop down menus on that page, and click saved) feel free to do so.

Otherwise, I'm leaving this open so I don't forget it's here. I don't have time now, but later I can check and see if I can find out if this song appears in any of those books. Thanks, Rivka.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments GreenDaisy and All,

I'm going to move this to OTHER-SOLVED

and if anybody finds a book this is in please shelve it or post the link in this thread and I'll shelve it.

GreenDaisy, You can always move the thread back to the UNSOLVED folder.

Thanks, everybody.

message 11: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 63 comments Well, I came back here to move it today since I posted it YESTERDAT...otherwise I'm never here. I didn't know there was an 'other folder'.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments GreenDaisy the CIA Pirate wrote: "Well, I came back here to move it today since I posted it YESTERDAT...otherwise I'm never here. I didn't know there was an 'other folder'."

Thank you, Green Daisy. I appreciate it. I tend to get them as I see them. If I don't, some threads stay in UNSOLVED long after they're solved. I check threads only when there are new messages I haven't read.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
The Irish Ballad is in this book: Too Many Songs by Tom Lehrer

Too Many Songs by Tom Lehrer by Tom Lehrer

So I'll move this to one of the solved book sites.