The Life of a Poet discussion

Debates > Are goths freaks?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Nyghtmare | 540 comments Mod
Well are we?

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 312 comments No, showing your individual sense of style (what you find aesthetically pleasing and enjoy wearing) in no way makes you a freak.

message 3: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Nyghtmare | 540 comments Mod
My one grandmother.
(NOT my dad's mom.)
Thinks I'm damned to hell...
And the people at school call me a freak behing my back...
Why the FUCK would they do it?!?!
I don't even BELONG with the other goths!!!!
*Starts to cry.*

message 4: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 68 comments awww :(

*hugz*

thats coz ppl dont even know you! you shouldnt care bout what they think. its just their opinion, and just like THEY judged you, they will be judged too!

so dont you worry! who cares wut people think? i think they are all just stupid :P thats including me!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "My one grandmother.
(NOT my dad's mom.)
Thinks I'm damned to hell...
And the people at school call me a freak behing my back...
Why the FUCK would they do it?!?!
I don't even BELONG with the o..."

They're just jealous. Thats what my mom always says. If they talk about you behind your back it means they secretly wanna you. Its a crazy thought but it makes ME feel better, but im not goth so idk.

message 6: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 68 comments im not a goth either but just be yourself, everyone else is taken! :D read that somewhere X)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey goth ppl are cool most of the time :) And Laura dont worry, make your own group! thats what I would do. I dont fit in half the time,people think Im weird, different and odd. Im homeschooled and that makes people say "oh" I guess they think Im not smart or that I dont know the latest styles, they think Im sheltered, but there wrong. I have my own clothes style. I like insane asylums and broken hearts, converses and grass. and Im a Christian. So whatever peopel say dont worry cause well they might not know how cool you are. :)

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 104 comments I don't....I don't understand why people can be so cruel...or...why they would want to be. It hurts to be called a freak. Even web you cover it on your face on front of others, when you say you're alright, even maybe feel okay, you're not. It messes a person up....I'm the school freak, have been for my life, pretty much. I'm a geek and a nerd, but also a giant dork. And I'm " questionably dark", according to my teacher. I get straight A's, along with having the oddest, most peculiar sense of style and Humour.
I cause lots of rumours, said by ithers about me.
And no matter how much I know it has messed me up, no matter how effed up it makes me, I finally realized the truth of it all: I don't care anymore.
If you embrace your differences, you'll be okay.
Cause in the end, you're probably better than them anyways.
You've gone through more, you feel more.
You don't stick with the status quo, you're brave enough to start your own changes. And that makes every difference in the world. :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm.... people don't tend to like me for some reason. Probably because I'm slightly crazy or too hyper for them. It took me a year and a half out of three to find my actual friends in middle school. Now that I'm going on to high school, I'm ever so slightly scared, but I'll hang in their, and so will you. Just look for the people who actually accept you. For me, it was the girl who said I was awesome for throwing tons of ripped up little pieces of paper in the air like streamers on the last day of school. That was fun!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I have a few people who pretty much look at me and think "She wears black! She must be evil! =O"

....riight....ok....

Lesson learned: Don't argue with anyone who calls you a freak, just be you, don't start fights. Hell, if anything, you'll have more against them for calling you a freak and all you did was be yourself. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYzT36... <3