Patricia Briggs Fans discussion

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
This topic is about River Marked
Mercedes Thompson Series Books > River Marked (Book 6)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bry (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bry (utqtbry) River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs

Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. She's never known any others of her kind. Until now.

An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River-one that her father's people may know something about. And to have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need their help...

RELEASE DATE: March 1, 2011

message 2: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 21 comments I am so excited.....i have already pre-ordered it!!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Woot! :D I'm debating if I should pre-order it or not. If I pre-order it through Amazon.com, will it be there on the day of release? Or will it take a couple of days? I want it the day of!

I'm excited too! This is my book of year - I've been waiting for it! : D

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments Carissa--I do a LOT of pre-ordering with Amazon. (Should I mention I have order so much that I use their Premian Member special, where for $60 or so a year, I get second day shipping on ALL my orders free?) With the second day shipping I have always gotten the book on the day of release--and usually for less than cover price. Since if you pre-order it, Amazon will refund any difference from their posted price and anywhere else they find that offers it cheaper.

Ok, I admit--its usually in the late afternoon to early evening (say 4-6:15pm) when it arrives, but it DOES arrive that day. I do love that, since we don't have a really big selection of book stores where I live--at least, not for new books. Lots of thrift stores for used, as well as 2 stores dedicated to used books. But all I have in the way of "regular" bookstores are Borders and um, ok, totally blanded on the name, but its definately NOT Barnes and Nobles. Which I hate, because I have to order all my Nook books on line, and no Friday freebies for me. :o(

message 5: by Jessica E (last edited Feb 19, 2011 08:39AM) (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 21 comments Oh what is a Friday Freebie???

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments On Friday's if you have a Nook and go into a physical store, there you can get the code to get an ebook for free--but its THEIR choice what the book is. Since the closest B&N store is 65 miles away, I don't get in to it very often (like, never.) So I don't get to take advantage of them. But there is another one posted on-line (if you can find it, they like to hide it) also on Friday's that's free.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Carissa--I do a LOT of pre-ordering with Amazon. (Should I mention I have order so much that I use their Premian Member special, where for $60 or so a year, I get second day shipping on ALL my ord..."

I'm a prime member too! :D I just didn't know if it would come later - since it technically isn't released yet - when I would preorder it. I'm debating with myself. I want it like NOW. So it depends if I'm working that day (therefore have time to pick up said book), if not - then I'll have to preorder it. Decisions decisions.

message 8: by Bry (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bry (utqtbry) March 1st is almost here!!!!

message 9: by AlbertaJenn (last edited Feb 26, 2011 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

AlbertaJenn | 26 comments I work in a bookstore, and the box of River Marked has arrived! They legally can't leave the store until March 1st, so I still have to wait. But they are here!

message 10: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 21 comments AlbertaJenn - Oh, you have such a great job!!!

MissSusie | 11 comments Pre-ordered this yesterday I can't wait!!!

Tanya (tahmineh) | 6 comments Can't wait! I've been listening to Silver Borne on audio to appease myself until Tuesday.

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments My is also on pre-order--but I'm not going to be here to read it when it comes in. :o( I have to head down to finish cleaning out my Mum's house. Tell me that I shouldn't also order it for my Nook.

message 14: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena (chlngher) | 6 comments Bought the book and bought it on Kindle ... So excited! Was surprised that it's only 16 chapters .... Happy Reading!!

Tanya (tahmineh) | 6 comments I plan on buying the hardback and the ebook, so I can't tell anyone otherwise.

Leslie Bhargava | 4 comments I'm almost 3/4 of the way through and so far it doesn't disappoint ! Great addition to the series.

AlbertaJenn | 26 comments Borrowed it from the store (a nice perk of working there), and will start it tonight.

Have to finish it by Friday, as we start inventory this weekend.

Leslie Bhargava | 4 comments Finished it last night and it was excellent. Patricia Briggs is one talented writer.

message 19: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 21 comments Oh, I am so jealous. I will be starting it today after work!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished it yesterday! Gotta say... interesting. A little disappointed that my favorite characters didn't really make much of an appearance - but hopefully in A&O 3, or MT 7 they''l show up.

I liked this book though. Don't think it was my favorite - but I liked it. Mercy is definitely evolving. And I really like how it brought Adam out in this book, too. :) Makes me like him more.

I like the Old Man, and Trickster in here - they're probably my favorite characters. Hopefully I didn't just spoil anything. And anyone who's read the book will know what I'm talking about... ^^;

AlbertaJenn | 26 comments Hmmm.... wonder if we should have a spoiler thread, where those who have read it can chat to their hearts content.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

AlbertaJenn wrote: "Hmmm.... wonder if we should have a spoiler thread, where those who have read it can chat to their hearts content."

I'm nodding in approval. :)

AlbertaJenn | 26 comments Then we can all slowly migrate to that one once each finishes it.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Migrating! :D

SheLove2Read (sherrih95) Just finished it and loved it! How does she make it seem so effortless? I devoured this book.

message 26: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 21 comments Yes - yes- yes....we need a spoiler thread.

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments I can't wait to join you all over in the spoiler thread, but I also want to make this book last. It is so beautiful and enjoyable. I am loving every minute of it.

message 28: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D | 1 comments Quick question—I am listening to the books and just finished River Marked right after Silver Bourne. I was surprised when I started book 6 that Mercy and Adam were engaged and there didn’t seem to be any mention of a proposal. Did I miss something? Thanks!

message 29: by Gail (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gail | 7 comments I'm rereading the series, halfway through Bone Crossed so not quite there yet, but I feel like it's there but really quick, a sentence or a paragraph, something like Adam tells her it's happening and Mercy responds about like you'd expect Mercy to respond and then it's a done deal. It would probably be easy to miss in an audio book. I'll try to remember to post the quote when I get there.

Kathrynn | 3 comments I'm reading this one now! Interesting learning about where Mercy came from.