Ling period 3 World Lit. I 2010-11 discussion

Romeo and Juliet > Romeo and Juliet

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eunsol (new)

Eunsol Baek | 8 comments Romeo and Juliet fall in love at first sight. Do you think it is possible for two people to fall in love at first sight? Also, what effects does the book have on people with quick plots? (such as kissing when they first met)

message 2: by Eunsol (new)

Eunsol Baek | 8 comments I thought "Romeo and Juliet" had very speedy plots. Also, some wordings and vocabularies were hard to interpret. Sometimes, fast plots made it seem like a drama or a fantasy. So, I felt that I didn't get full effect of each words Shakespeare meant for meant for me to feel.

message 3: by Iaan Song (new)

Iaan Song | 13 comments Well, I agree and disagree with you. I feel that if you go fast, it makes it dramatic, so you can get to the good part. It also is true that the story is speedy at some parts, but you have to consider the fact that all these events took place over 4 to 6 days. Practically, the whole love part is like 4 days, considering that there was some time before the ball. Therefore, The book has to go fast, and slow, to make that four days as dramatic as possible. That's just my opinion, but your's is not wrong either.