Action Heroine Fans discussion

Group members who write/publish > The Lady Soldier

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate Allan (kateallan) | 1 comments Hi, I hope you don't mind me introducing my book which features an action heroine and has just been published for the first time as an ebook - The Lady Soldier - co-authored with Michelle Styles. I thought, "why do the men get all the fun and adventure?" It was great fun to write and originally published in 2005. Any questions, please just shout.

message 2: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1534 comments Kate, we don't mind that a bit; we're always glad to hear about new action heroine fiction. Best wishes for success with the book!

message 3: by Tom (last edited Oct 13, 2016 06:39AM) (new)

Tom Holzel | 40 comments My new novella, Staff Sergeant Belinda Watt, is falling between the cracks in terms of categorization. It's not quite space opera (which I take to mean large sweeps of action often over many worlds), but only two worlds. It's a true romance but there is some nasty action by the heroine who is supposed to be a good egg. (But then, she is a sniper...)

Werner suggested it might make a good series, something I hadn't thought of at all, but an excellent suggestion. The oddest part is I had started this work off with the guy to be the hero and Belinda Watt a competent hanger-on. But it was just a few chapters in when Belinda just took over--kind of a thrill for me--the supposed author--to witness the muse taking over!

message 4: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1534 comments Just by way of clarification, I haven't read Tom's novella ("So many books, so little time!"), so I don't have any real opinion on its series potential. What I did was suggest starting a thread in this folder for the novella, and/or for the series if it became one (as books that start as stand-alones sometimes end up doing).

Tom, I'd still make that suggestion. (Just click on the link I sent you, then click the tiny "new topic" link, right under the folder title that's at the top of the page in big black letters.)

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom Holzel | 40 comments Thanks, again, Werner. It's always very helpful to get informed opinion on what to do for an amateur like me.

message 6: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1534 comments No problem,Tom! (I'm pretty much an amateur writer myself; but I've been on Goodreads since February of 2008, so I've learned some of the ropes of Goodreads navigation.)