Amazon Kindle discussion

Updated eBook

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neil (new)

Neil (nilling) | 24 comments If I've bought an ebook and then the author updates it by say including other stories how would I put this 'newer' verion on my Kindle?

message 2: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments if it's considered a separate book, then I don't know if you can do anything other than buy the new edition. You can always try deleting your original and redownloading to see what happens.

Amazon occasionally does error correction on books, in which case they send you a notice asking if you want the new version.

If this question is related to a specific book, rather than merely a hypothetical, I would contact customer service to ask them.

message 3: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 80 comments amazon has been emailing me when there is an update to a book I own and I have to email back with the word Yes (meaning yes I would like the new version). That's happened 3 times now in the past couple months - so I think that's there new policy. If there's an updated version they'll email you and ask if you want it.

message 4: by IUHoosier (new)

IUHoosier | 93 comments Connie wrote: "amazon has been emailing me when there is an update to a book I own and I have to email back with the word Yes (meaning yes I would like the new version). That's happened 3 times now in the past c..."

Yes, this has happened to me as well - if formatting has been fixed in a copy full of errors, that's when I usually receive these notices. I don't know about a copy being modified by an author - I would assume that would be an entirely 'new' book, like King's unabridged version of The Stand. In that case, you'd have to buy the new version.

message 5: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 80 comments IUHoosier wrote: " I don't know about a copy being modified by an author - I would assume that would be an entirely 'new' book, like King's unabridged version of The Stand. In that case, you'd have to buy the new version.
..."

I had originally bought the original version of The Stand and when the longer version was released - Amazon emailed me to let me know they were replacing my original version with the new unabridged version. At that time, they did not ask me if I wanted this, it was just automatically done. Now they ask you if you want it. I'm not sure if that will be there policy on all updated ebooks, but that's what they did with The Stand.