The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Just another new member

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mira (new)

Mira Kolar-Brown (MiraKolarBrown) | 3 comments Good morning,

My name is Mira Kolar-Brown. I'm a mystery writer and reader. HIDING THE ELEPHANT and its sequel LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS are the first two novels in my Simon Grant Mysteries series. I have also written two stories for children - TIMBUKTU, THE PERMANENT DOG and A SOLEMN PROMISE. My favourite writers are Margaret Atwood, John Le Carre and P D James. Recently I've been reading and greatly enjoying the Chief Inspector Mario Silva series set in Brazil by Leighton Gage.
I'm hoping to meet many interesting new friends here.
Kind regards to all
Mira

message 2: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Mira. I'm a big fan of P D James too and Leighton Gage's books are very interesting. I've seen him at our local bookstore and he is an entertaining speaker as well - very passionate about Brazil.

message 3: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Mira. I've got PD James coming up for a re-read soon. Love her stuff too.

Thanks for joining us.

message 4: by Mira (last edited Feb 16, 2011 04:56AM) (new)

Mira Kolar-Brown (MiraKolarBrown) | 3 comments Donna wrote: "Welcome Mira. I'm a big fan of P D James too and Leighton Gage's books are very interesting. I've seen him at our local bookstore and he is an entertaining speaker as well - very passionate about B..."

Yes, Donna, Leighton loves Brazil but maintains his objectivity. He's also very skillful at saying things economically - a sure sign of self-confidence and trust in the reader. P D James - well, what can I say? They don't make them like that any longer. :-)

Nice meeting you.

message 5: by Mira (new)

Mira Kolar-Brown (MiraKolarBrown) | 3 comments Hayes wrote: "Hi Mira. I've got PD James coming up for a re-read soon. Love her stuff too.

Thanks for joining us."

Hi Hayes,

Lovely to be here. There are several of the Grand Lady's books that I could happily re-read. Not so much for the plot but for her writing style. And talking about which, have you read Dark Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine? Another great style masterclass, IMO.