Stop Animal Cruelty discussion

How We Can Help > LOOK HERE LOOK HERE *Grey Wolves*

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel Having trouble viewing this email? Read it online in your browser.

Dear Animal Advocates,

Representative Mike Simpson (R-Idaho) is introducing language this week to exempt Gray Wolves in Idaho and Montana from the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Simpson's plan threatens the future of America's Gray Wolves and the public's right to hold the government accountable for its decisions on wildlife. Furthermore, his efforts ignore the ESA's dependency on sound science.

Also casting a long shadow on the ESA and the Gray Wolf are H.R. 509 and H.R. 510, introduced by Representative Denny Rehberg (R-Montana). H.R. 509 would exempt Gray Wolves outright from the provisions of the ESA, while H.R. 510 would create an ESA exemption for wolves within Idaho and Montana, and give those states exclusive jurisdiction over wolf management within their respective borders.

The ESA is one of the nation's most important environmental laws. The gutting of the ESA and the complete removal of the Gray Wolf from protection is an outrageous campaign with potentially dire consequences. Not only will it harm the future of wolves, but it sets a dangerous precedent for other at-risk species.

What You Can Do
Please tell your U.S. representative that you oppose any amendment to exempt Gray Wolves from the Endangered Species Act as well as efforts to jeopardize the law in its present form. Visit the ASPCA Advocacy Center online to email your representative now.

Thank you for your help!

- Unsubscribe or change your email preferences.
- Want to make sure you receive all of the ASPCA's latest newsletters and alerts? To prevent ASPCA email from being caught by your spam filter, please put website@aspca.org in your email address book. Learn how

message 2: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) what no! they cant do that, its not right!

message 3: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Why does he want to remove them?

message 4: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel i dont know but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HIM

message 5: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM

message 6: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel EXACTLY
EXACTLY
THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HIM???

message 7: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Um, no, that's a stupid point of view to take. He must have known that he'd get bad publicity over it, so there must have been a reason behind it. He's a politician, so he's automatically hyper-sensitive of anything that might get him not reelected; it couldn't have been a quick "Oh, I don't like wolves so let's remove them from the list" decision :P

message 8: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel holly crap,
you know alot about politics,
but for me well... i didnt unsterstand halph of it and yet i di but yoiu have a piont

message 9: by Caitlan (last edited Feb 16, 2011 08:29PM) (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) unless he knows hes not going to be reelected anyway, and thanks for calling my opinion stupid

message 10: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Cassa - Nah, I just like listening to/participating in political debates. And what about understanding or not understanding half of something? '-_-

Kat - In that case, he'd still likely give it his best shot. And I know I did...I'll call any illogical thing stupid. You can call me stupid when I'm being illogical and I won't be offended, I'll probably agree (if you make me see that I'm being illogical, that is :P)

message 11: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) This is terrible. Idiotic and terrible. @#$%!

message 12: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel EXACTLY GRR

message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "Um, no, that's a stupid point of view to take. He must have known that he'd get bad publicity over it, so there must have been a reason behind it. He's a politician, so he's automatically hyper-sen..."

message 14: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel any way
CALL YOUR US REPRESENITIVES

message 15: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments .......

message 16: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel why the ............

message 17: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Because you guys are being unreasonable about it. I mean, it's one thing to want the best for animals - and personally, grey wolves are my favorite animal! - but, I mean, really. There's a purpose and plan behind the proposal. It didn't come out of nowhere, and it was not intended as political suicide. So, before yelling about it, understand it. (I actually still haven't bothered to look at it >.< Must do that sometime soon....)

message 18: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel yes but you also have to think of the out come too not only the proposle

message 19: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) and, this whole wolf problem in idaho wouldn't have happened if they had put the right kind of wolf back into idaho! they put a wolf that was almost twice as big as the native idahoan wolves.

message 20: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel idahoan?
i kowwhat it is and thats its the right term but but its a odd word

message 21: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Cassa wrote: "yes but you also have to think of the out come too not only the proposle"

Yes. But the outcome can only be understood with the purpose.

Kat wrote: "and, this whole wolf problem in idaho wouldn't have happened if they had put the right kind of wolf back into idaho! they put a wolf that was almost twice as big as the native idahoan wolves."

So obviously those wolves need to be relocated :P

message 22: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) but, hes not trying to relocate them, hes just taking them off of the endangered species list...and if they're taken off of that, they could become extinct, throwning the entire n.a. (north american) ecosystem out of balance

message 23: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Why were they put on in the first place? (I swear, this weekend I will research this thoroughly.)

message 24: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments I mean, why was their population that low '-_- I realize why they were put on xP

message 25: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) poaching

message 26: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Okie.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Oh My gods, they can't do that! The population is still really low!! That's total BS!