Stop Animal Cruelty discussion

Common Issues > Animal Hording

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel this is one of those things that kinda depends on your view of it

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe this is somewhat of an issue. I do believe if you have way too many animals and they are underfed and unhealthy, that they should be taken. But if you say have 30, 20 dogs, and 8 chickens, if they are all well taken care of, well groomed, and healthy, nobody has any right to take them away from you. I have 47 dogs. now they are hunting dogs, but they are lazy, fat and healthy, so nobody can take them from me. I may have alot of dogs, but thats the only animal i have alot of. I have lots of other animals, 2 horses, 1 goat, 2 cats, 4 housedogs and fish, but they are all healthy. Now I could see if they were starving and neglected, but not if their healthy.

message 3: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel true but i think unless your a rescue 30 to 20 dongs and eight chikens is pushing it

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) If you have the proper environment and skills to take care of a ton of animals, sure, that's OK. But if you have knee-deep droppings on your floor, or dead animals rotting in your closets, you need to get help. (All of that has happened on that show Animal Hoarders before.)

message 5: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel ya thats a better way of sayuing ut

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i have 47 dogs and twelve chickens. but then again i live on a farm and have a kennel liscence too.

message 7: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel Oh so are ypu a rescuer lucky duck, who stole my deam jk

message 8: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel what kind of dogs do you have

message 9: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel hey you forgto your 2 horses

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

well that was only the majority of my pets. i have those, then my two horses, a goat, 3 cats, 3 snakes, and 4 housedogs

message 11: by Olivia (last edited Feb 18, 2011 07:14PM) (new)

Olivia (oerose) Wow. That's pretty cool. My family is all about low-maintenance pets, so I have 3 shrimp in this thing called an Eco-Sphere that you don't even have to feed- it's a whole eco-system in a little glass ball. Also, I have 2 fish and a guinea pig.

message 12: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel WHolly crap how do you take care of all of them, that alot of animals.
but your a lucky duck to have all of them
so are all your dog muts or is it a spacific breed.
He he my sis had a goat his man was Mr. Cringle, *or ocasionaly nown a pringle) he was black and a nut head who new how to escape a barn door quit eaisily

message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Olivia wrote: "Wow. That's pretty cool. My family is all about low-maintenance pets, so I have 3 shrimp in this thing called an Eco-Sphere that you don't even have to feed- it's a whole eco-system in a little gla..."

Oh, we tried to make a self-containing eco-sphere in biology last year, it didn't really work >.<

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassa wrote: "WHolly crap how do you take care of all of them, that alot of animals.
but your a lucky duck to have all of them
so are all your dog muts or is it a spacific breed.
He he my sis had a goat his m..."

most of my dogs are beagles or mountain currs. we have an automaic feeding system where you just fill it and it feeds them for two weeks. so that leaves more time to play with them. my snakes are pretty much self sustaining. the horses are just plain lazy, but still played with, and so is the goat. my cats chase each other, and my housedogs, 1 is 1/2 black lab and 1/2 dachshund, one is 3/4 dachshund and 1/4 black lab(he has a small head. idk why.) and the other two are pure dachshund.

message 15: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel AGIIAN WHOLLY CRAP!!
my doggie that we had to put down was a black lab/ dalmation mix.
ive never heard of moutin currs, so i lokked them up THEYRE REALLY CUTE
for me i want to have a ruscue like that
but the only thing is *i htae getting up in the morning!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

lol. it does take alot of work. but its worth it

message 17: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel True so are you like a hunting dog rescue or is it a a like owners are going somewere and need a doggie abysiter kennal?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

we do watch dogs for people that go away for awhile, but we also take unwanted hunting dogs and strays

message 19: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel YA FOR YOU
i think im going to have to kidnap you and take your place

jk jk that woul dbe creepy
anyway that really awsome thats something iw want to do when i grow up,
i mostly other then beiong in generale a all dogs rescuer a pit bull and maby akita rescuers i love akitas to
and now i also loove mountian MOUNTIN CURRS WHO WIKED CUTE
NICE JOB AND GOOD WORK DONT STOP DOING WHAT YOU DO

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I wont Stop. i love the dogs too much. i play with them for hours and take them for walks. but it takes awhile.

message 21: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) Wow, you rule!

message 22: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel ya your liveing my dream life!!

message 23: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) No kidding!

message 24: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel YA YA FOR HAPPY DOGS LIVEING?STAYING AT BROKER-MAYS PlACE OH YA AN DthE GOAts AND OTHER ANIMNALS

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassa, no offense but you are a terrible speller.

message 26: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel ya i know that
but on this i just end up typing responces so quicly then i forget to double and make sure thye make sense !!
srry

message 27: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) you should double check then

message 28: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel srry

message 29: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel did that purposly

message 30: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) you know, they have this thing called SPELL CHECK and can do this automatically (Cassa: "Wow, I'd never heard of that before! What a COOL invention!" Olivia: "I'm so glad you discovered it! Really, I am.")

message 31: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel hey hey be nice we all now im a bad speller ok

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Animal hoarding is back. But like what May has, that's not animal hoarding. They're hunting dogs. They're used abd are well taken care of.

Animal hoarding is bad for the animals. They aren't well taken care of, and become over run with each other. It's truly awful. Abd even us humans are effected by it, at tines.

message 33: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) Yeah. Sometimes all the oder from the animals can effect the owner's respiratory system.

message 34: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments That sucks o.o

message 35: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) Yeah.