Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

What do you read?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments Hey fellow readers,

I'm doing a study on YA literature and would really appreciate your responses to this survey! It would be a great opportunity to figure out what is missing from your bookshelves.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments Done good luck!!

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 325 comments Done! Glad to help. I was looking for the 50 or more options LOL!

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments Thank you so much! Your responses will definitely be helpful for this project.

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Done!

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Done... good luck with everything!

message 9: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 135 comments Done :)

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (megg_reads) | 34 comments done :)

message 11: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling (wendydarling) | 193 comments Done! Good luck.

message 12: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Done! I thought that the "number of books read per year" answers were funny. I'm sure everyone on here selected 5 or more per year, LOL.

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 325 comments Catie wrote: "Done! I thought that the "number of books read per year" answers were funny. I'm sure everyone on here selected 5 or more per year, LOL."

Those were the ones I was referring to when I said I was looking for 50 or more. I checked 5 or more of course! It made me lol. FIVE or more? I read that in a month...

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I know! But I do know a lot of people I work with who don't even read 1 book per year. So sad:(

message 15: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) That is sad...there were people like that at my old job who claimed that they "didn't read." I sort of take pride in turning people like that on to books. My theory is, people like that just haven't found the books that they like yet. I love being a book matchmaker!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 374 comments I have two family members and a friend who never read at all. I coerced them into reading Twilight and now they are avid readers. One is my daughter in law and she loves the YA books but has branched into others. One is my grandson (he's 20) and he read Eclipse after seeing the first two movies and now is reading a lot of non fiction, political stuff. My friend reads everything I loan to her (she works at my vet's office). Whether one likes Twilight or not, there are probably millions of "readers" now because of it. And sorry, I am off topic but I love getting others into reading. They are missing so much.

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Catie I gave my co-worker/friend a book about two months ago and she told me she is about half done - it is only 300 pages! I read 300 page books in 1-2 days. I don't say anything though - just encourage her to keep reading!

message 18: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Yeah, sometimes you just have to sigh...but then I realize that not everyone is as addicted as I am. Small steps!

message 19: by Heidi (new)

Heidi No one I work with reads. It depresses me :(

message 20: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Done!

message 21: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) It depresses me too. I know someone who says she's never purchased or read a book. We asked about even books for her children and she said that she'd never purchased a book for her kids either. I swear, I could hear my heart break.

message 22: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 602 comments Done! I don't know anyone who reads regularly. No family or friends or co-workers. NOBODY! I am so alone. :( BUT! I did get a good friend to borrow and promise to read Jellicoe Road and The Sky is Everywhere, and she actually finished The Sky is Everywhere!! Even though I told her to read Jellicoe first because it was amazing. Oh well, progress is progress.

message 23: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Done

message 24: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 33 comments Done. It was an interesting survey. HeidiI I wish I could read a 300 page book in a day or 2. I have too much to do to read that often and when I do have the time to read it seems like something else always distracts me.

message 25: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Monica it has to be chick lit or light reading (cozy mysteries) for me to read a book in a day or so, if that makes you feel better! I have no kids and a hubby who reads, so that also helps.

message 26: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 33 comments Yeah that makes me feel better. I can usually read those types of books in a day or two. I have kids and even though they are older they still take my time. Alas my hubby never read and now that he isn't living with me I can get more reading done.

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments You're all so right! I definitely read more than 5 books a year as well, but that doesn't seem to be the norm with people that I know. Thank you all again for your help!