Entering the Galahad discussion

Dorms > Dorm #12: Jane and Melody

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sevania, Ship Captain (new)

Sevania (sevthedev) | 894 comments Mod
((Jane and Melody room in this one))

message 2: by Sammy, Jane Milligan, Fitness Captain (last edited Feb 17, 2011 04:35PM) (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 465 comments Mod
Jane looked up from her science fiction novel.It was about talking computers that took over the world because they were smarter that humans. This was part of the reason Roc made her nervous.
She thought back to when she first came to the Galahad Training center and she accidentally stumbled into a small office. Inside it, she found a short little man with glasses speaking to a computer.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she quickly said.
She made as if to leave, but the man said, "Oh, wait- could you please stay a moment? I need help with a little project I'm working on."
"Ummm... okay, I guess..." she responded hestitantly.
"Great!" the man exclaimed. "I'm Roy Orzini, by the way, and I'm testing out this Artificial Intellegence. His name is OC-3323. Would you mind speaking to him?"
Jane wasn't quite sure what to say. Many things about his situation made her uncomfortable. First of all, this man, Roy, referred to the machine as "him", not "it". Roy himself didn't seem remotely sinister, but neither did the scientist who created the evil
talking computers in her book. Most importantly, she had to be in the building's auditorium by 9:30, and it was already 9:25. "Umm... What do you want me to say?" she asked Roy.
Roy thought for a moment, then said, "Oh, why don't you tell him about that book you're holding?"
"Okay. Uhh, hi, my n-n-name is-s Ja-jane..." she stammered. "Well, my b-book is about ummm... t-talking computers that take over t-the wo-world..."
She babbled on for a few minutes then paused uncertainly. She glanced over at Roy, who nodded to the computer encouragingly.
"Come on,"he urged, "What do you have to say to Jane over there?"
There was a pause, and a deep menacing voice screamed,"I WILL ENSLAVE MANKIND!"
Jane ran from the room, but could hear Roy's shouts that echoed through the hallways saying, "Wait! Jane! He was only messing with you! OC-3323 is really a very nice computer!"
Looking back, Jane realised that she must have looked foolish running from a silly computer, but it seemed terrifying at that moment.

Now on Galahad, Jane began to wonder why he tricked her like that. She decided that she should try to be friends with him. She took a deep breath, and called out, "Hey, Roc,it's Jane, I just wanted to let you know that I'm wondering why you scared me so much the first time we met. Because it kind of freaked me out and I'm still kind of scared of you..."
There was no response. Great, she thought. He must be ignoring me for some reason. "ROC? Roooc!" she called out again

((Seviana if you have any problem with me using Roc in the flashback just let me know and I'll take it down.)) :)

message 3: by Sevania, Ship Captain (new)

((No I don't mind at all and you're a great Roc!))

message 4: by Sammy, Jane Milligan, Fitness Captain (new)

((Awww thanks!))

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

(("There was a pause, and a deep menacing voice screamed,"I WILL ENSLAVE MANKIND!"" Love it!))

message 6: by Sammy, Jane Milligan, Fitness Captain (new)

((Thanks! Melody is one of your charries, right?))

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

((Ya!))

message 8: by Sevania, Ship Captain (new)

((Oh my gosh! Roleplay with me Annabeth! You're on!))