Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Little Trivia

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments I just re-read something I totally forgot about. I thought it would be fun to ask you fun people and see how many know!

What is Furgus's real name?

message 2: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Claudel, lol.

message 3: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments LOL Wow first response is right! Good job Wendy I guess I won't quit my day job. Didn't stump anyone did I?

message 4: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Didn't stump anyone did I?

NOT Wendy anyway. That's hard to do.
I have one for you: what is the name of the poem Hugh Monroe gave to Claire as a wedding gift?

message 5: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Oh I get stumped often. At least I feel I do, lol. I just remembered that because Fergus's name became Fergus Claudel Fraser when he married Marsali.

Da Mi Basia, or something like that... "Then let amorous kisses dwell. On our lips, begin to tell. A Thousand, and a Hundred, score. An Hundred, and a Thousand more."

I love that bit. I can close my eyes and hear Jamie recite that part to Claire. That one and their "Blood of my blood" vows.

message 6: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments LOL Ladyhawk, Thanks for that. I see she got right on your trivia question too. Wow Wendy, We need to talk someone into having a Outlander Jeopardy. What do ya think? Hmmm what should the prize be?

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan If you are interested in trivia, there is a thread with a lot of posts already. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2...

Its nice to read through just to refresh the details that I seem to forget, lol.

message 8: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments Thanks Megan aka Mhegan. Sorry I didn't know there was already a trivia thread. I will check it out. : )

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Bailey | 132 comments Ok Wendy, you're not allowed to play anymore...you can come up with questions...how's that?:)

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan Fawn wrote: "Thanks Megan aka Mhegan. Sorry I didn't know there was already a trivia thread. I will check it out. : )"

Its easy to get lost in this group because there are so many topics. I can always use a Jamie refresher course though, lol

message 11: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Smith | 199 comments Fawn wrote: "LOL Ladyhawk, Thanks for that. I see she got right on your trivia question too. Wow Wendy, We need to talk someone into having a Outlander Jeopardy. What do ya think? Hmmm what should the prize be?"

Jamie? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
Yummy...

message 12: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Hahaha, I guess that works for me. I'll try to keep my answers to myself.

message 13: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments LOL @ Mimi! And here I was thinking an all expenses paid trip to Scotland or Fraser's Ridge or something like that. I suppose most would mind Jamie being the prize though. LMAO! I just love the people in this group, makes me smile every day!

message 14: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments NEW QUESTION:

When claire was rescued/kidnapped by Dougal and company she recognized a large rock formation and and asked Jamie didn't the English used it to ambush?
What was the name of the Rock formation?

message 15: by Carren (new)

Carren Kay | 953 comments Cocknammon Rock? Something like that.

message 16: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Just looked it up Carren and YOU. R. Right!

Da Mi Basia I love it too! It just flows so beautifully. Even translated from Latin to English.

What is Jamies only posession from his older brother and what is inscribed on it?

message 17: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments It's really hard to not answer, lol.

message 18: by Lady (new)

Lady England | 91 comments It's the little cherrywood snake, right? I can't remember anything inscribed though.

message 19: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments I know your itching Wendy!! lol
So how long does Wendy have to wait before she can answer?? And can she finish the answers for those who are stumped?

message 20: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments You're half right Lady, come on... stretch that brain or google ha!

message 21: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I am itching! I am actually squirming in my seat, hahaha.

message 22: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Aaah gotta love those OCD folks! lmao

message 23: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Hahahahahaha!!!

message 24: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments Right Carren. : )

message 25: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments Ladyhawk wrote: "Aaah gotta love those OCD folks! lmao"

LOL Ladyhawk, Who you calling OCD??? I dinna kin what your talking about..... : )

message 26: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Nobody is going to take a guess on the inscription?

(I'm quite sure she's calling me OCD, because it is killing me to not say. Right Ladyhawk?)

message 27: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments "DA MI BASIA MILLE" Something like give me a thousand kisses? Not sure if that is exactly right but close I think.

message 28: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 34 comments Ladyhawk wrote: "Just looked it up Carren and YOU. R. Right!

Da Mi Basia I love it too! It just flows so beautifully. Even translated from Latin to English.

What is Jamies only posession from his older broth..."

It's the carved cherrywood snake...I think that "Sawney"or something like that is carved on it...a nickname for Alexsander.

message 29: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 34 comments Cynthia wrote: "Ladyhawk wrote: "Just looked it up Carren and YOU. R. Right!

What is Jamies only posession from hi..."

Oops...misspelled "Alexander."

message 30: by Ladyhawk (last edited Feb 16, 2011 08:23PM) (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments I'm quite sure she's calling me OCD, because it is killing me to not say. Right Ladyhawk?

OCD!? I'm pretty sure Wendy fits that bill! Lol. I didn't remember 'sawney' was a form of Alexander. Can't research it at the moment. I have a few more trivia questions on my mind but like to reference the books to do it and I can't right now so I'm looking forward to more trivia questions from you very knowledgeable ladies. I could play trivia all day!

message 31: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Ladyhawk wrote: "Just looked it up Carren and YOU. R. Right!

I didn't mean to sound like an insufferable know it all. I looked up Carrens answer cause I didn't know the answer. I honestly thought she was being facetious with her answer. "COCKnammon". It is a running theme you know. Ok I'll get my mind out of the gutter now.

message 32: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments LMAO!!!

message 33: by Carren (new)

Carren Kay | 953 comments Ladyhawk-- As an old friend said to me "Get your mind out of the gutter and into the sewer with the rest of us". So welcome! !

message 34: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Thank you Carren! I feel better!;0)