Islam discussion

Project: Need Help!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

like west, as in america and youth and conspricies stuff? have you tried islamicity? dunno wat you mean by expert, i mean, im heavily american and muslim, if that helps? lol.

message 2: by Marieke (new)

Marieke | 35 comments do you want think tank-type material? do you speak only english? have you poked around georgetown university at all? they have a fabulous Islamic Studies program, middle east studies program, and a center for christian-muslim relations.

message 3: by Marieke (new)

Marieke | 35 comments and what do you mean by influence? how well non-muslims understand/accept muslims? changes in policy? community efforts to build mosques or prevent mosques from being built?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

ooh, that's cool. umm...have you tried professors, usually someone from college in religious sudies can help you out. but theres alot you can write about that topic without the help of an expert, because most of it isn't exactly hidden or anything. esp. about america.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i heard about that georgetown program, wasn't it rated like most reliable in teh nation or somethin?

message 6: by Marieke (new)

Marieke | 35 comments georgetown is excellent and very fair-minded. they get accused by right-wingers of teaching terrorism and whatnot.

ahmed...maybe the the Pew Forum? this is a somewhat random page, but poke around there a bit and see if you find something for your project.

message 7: by Serene (new)

Serene | 3 comments I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but have you checked out Journey into America by Akbar Ahmed?

message 8: by Marieke (new)

Marieke | 35 comments ooo Serene, have you read that yet? i've wanted to. i've only ever seen Akbar Ahmed speak, though.

message 9: by Serene (new)

Serene | 3 comments I want to read it. Let me know if you beat me to it. :)