Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Coffee Corner > Hot Male Characters in Adult or YA

Comments Showing 1-50 of 287 (287 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Ok ladies. After all this talk I have decided to created a thread for male characters that leave us swooning.

Who are your picks?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) My list is going to be long, so I will work on it later tonight.

I read way too much.

message 3: by Leea (new)

Leea jamie *yummy* Fraiser - Outlander Series, Diana Gabaldon
Alexander - The bronze horseman Trilogy, Paullina Simons

I know that are a ton more but right now my 5 year old is spelling words to me so i can't think...:)

message 4: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Oh My~ This may end up being the longest thread EVER!!!!

message 5: by Leea (new)

Leea I know right... :) THink of all the hunks we have yet to meet Shell - Yippee!!

message 6: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I know... What terribly unfulfilling lives we lead eh? How do we do it? LMAO

message 7: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Ladies...I will be working on my list as well since it is going to very long. So many hunky men, so little time.

Shell...we do it one book at a time. LOL!

message 8: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments Jamie of course
JZB
Adam Black
Alexander from The Bronze Horseman

For now.

message 9: by Wendy F (last edited Mar 18, 2011 06:23PM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I have a really long list too... it goes like this, the first 7 are in order, the others are just naming them in no particular order.

1. Jamie Fraser (oh yes, the man)
2. Jericho Barrons
3. Qhuinn
4. Zsadist
5. Vishous
6. Jonah Griggs (Jellicoe Road)
7. Etienne St Clair (Anna and the French Kiss)
8. Jimmy Hailler Saving Francesca & The Piper's Son
9. Tom Mackee Saving Francesca & The Piper's Son
10. Ranger (Stephanie Plum)
11. Bones
12. Peeta Mellark (Hunger Games)
13. Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Greeen Gables)
14. Rhage
15. Rehv
16. Finnikin (Finnikin of the Rock)
17. Jacob Coote (Looking for Alibrandi)
18. Ron Weasley, lol

message 10: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Wendy...LMAO...Ron Weasley. I did a double take on that one to make sure I read it right. Jamie Frasier is from what series/book?

message 11: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments The one and only. Jamie from the Outlander.

message 12: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Oh I see. I haven't read that series yet. That one is on the back burner due to length.

message 13: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Not Ron Weasley in the early books. But from about book 4 and on, yeah. He was so sweet... It may be due in part to Rupert Grint,hahaha.

message 14: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments I have yet to read the Harry Potter books. I am stuck 3/4 of the way of the first book. I just can't seem to get into it.

message 15: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) The first and second were my least favorite. I didn't really get hooked until the 3rd book. From there they just get better and better.

message 16: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments Girl. You need to move it up to the front. You won't regret it. We're all nut about Jamie around here.

message 17: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments I know you ladies rave about Outlander all the time. But the books are HUGE! I do want to read them but I want to sift through the shorter books first. And the series is a long one. That is quite the commitment.

message 18: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments Ha..ha.. so true. This is forever. Once you found Jamie you can't go back. We'll be waiting for you on the other side..

message 19: by Leea (new)

Leea You will be happy they are monsters because you cannot get enough of Jamie... Wish i could quote him right now - kinda all squishing inside just thinking about that huge man... :)

message 20: by Leea (new)

Leea BTW... This is my new Favorite thread... I cannot wait for Shell to give us her massive list of men i need to meet :)

Wendy great list - a few i need to meet and some of my ol' time fave's!! Happy Hunting Ladies!!

message 21: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Will anyone judge me if on my list I have the BDB brothers as a whole? I just can't decide...please don't make me choose.

message 22: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments OMG I'm happy to have gotten this thread!! Where to begin???
Tithe Roiben!!
A Great and Terrible Beauty Kaitrik! (sorry sexy man I killed your spelling!)
The Hourglass Door Dante!
This Lullaby Dexter dorky cute!
The Coven Hunter and Cal!
Nightshade Ren!!!
hmmm i'm missing people
Matched the guys weren't bad
this is bothering me I feel like I'm missing one!!
Deadly Little Secret Ben is cute, but I also get fusterated with him
Lady of Sin i forget his name though
grrr i feel like i'm missing a big swooner

message 23: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Ron Weasley?? I thought I was the only one! Lol! Maybe we're just suckers for redheads! Lol!

Marcella, how many times have you seen Jamie Fraser mentioned on different threads?? Need we remind you who he is? You take this aversion to Outlander very seriously don't you? Lol!
Current fantasies: Jean Claude, Richard Zeeman and all the hot, half dressed men in The Anita Blake series! Ha ha

message 24: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Ladyhawk...you crack me up. I have a tendency to have the attention span of a gnat. And in my defense you ladies keep throwing names at me that I forget which character belongs with which book/series.

I do not have an aversion to Outlander. I'm actually looking forward to it. My ONLY reservation is the length of the books.

You ladies rave about this series and so far you have never lead me astray. I promise to read the series but it will have to wait till about May, maybe sooner.

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle K (anotherlookbook) | 44 comments Alright Leea, I read and then I pondered and then I reviewed my "Read" list and this is my top ten all time favorite Hot Male Characters

1. Jamie Fraser – Outlander series Diana Gabaldon
2. Kade McKay – Lorelei James Rough Rider series (really any McKay or West will do lol)
3. The Black Dagger Brotherhood J.R. Ward – seriously can’t choose!
4. Jack Cole – Shayla Black Wicked Ties
5. Damon Roche –Maya Banks Sweet Persuasion
6. Zach Helm – Lauren Dane Second Chances
7. Ranger – Janet Evanovich the Stephanie Plum series
8. Leo Hathaway – Lisa Kleypass Married by Morning
9. Lord Mac Mackenzie – Jennifer Ashley Lady’s Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage
10. Trevor Cormier – Toni McGee Causey The Bobby-Faye series
Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4) by Lorelei James  Black Dagger Brotherhood, boxed set Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, Lover Unbound, Lover Revealed, Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward Wicked Ties by Shayla Black Sweet Persuasion (Sweet, #2) by Maya Banks Second Chances by Lauren Dane Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum, #12) by Janet Evanovich Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2) by Jennifer Ashley When a Man Loves a Weapon (Bobbie Faye, #3) by Toni McGee Causey

message 26: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments This thread is such great idea! I love having all the hotties at my fingertips whenever I want something tantalizing to read!!

Marcella, don't let the size intimidate you. Just take one book at a time. Plus the timing has to be right for you. Quite honestly once you start, it's next to impossible to stop. Therefore house, home, family, work and any projects you have going will be sorely neglected till you finish. As many here will attest to, once you've experienced Outlander, it's not likely you will ever find anything to compare it too, nor experience anything like it again.

message 27: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Ladyhawk...that is how I feel about BDB. Nothing else compares. Outlander is I think 3rd on a series TBR. I will read them.

message 28: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments haha yeah i don't read my to read list in order

message 29: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments My TBR list is in order in my head. I know which ones I want to read.

message 30: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments haha oh okay

message 31: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Or at least I think I do. I looked at my TBR list the other day and most of the books I forgot what the hell they are about. I need to re-read the description and organize my list.

message 32: by Leea (new)

Leea Marcella wrote: "Will anyone judge me if on my list I have the BDB brothers as a whole? I just can't decide...please don't make me choose."

It's your list girl - make it your own...

message 33: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments I'm trying but it's pretty intimidating. I'm scared of the list at the moment. I need to put my big girl panties on and tackle it. I think I just added another 15-20 books. I am catching up on the ladies' daily updates.

message 34: by Leea (new)

Leea Same here @ the books... AHHH!! Grab those big girl panties - LOL!! and tackle it girl! There were a lot of updates today!

message 35: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments I haven't even seen the updates from today. I had like 5 more to look at. Yikes!

message 36: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 18, 2011 01:53PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Note : Sometimes I like a guy but don't love the book, so when in doubt you can always check out my reviews. Most of the books that are listed are ones I really do like though, with the exception of Fallen which was kind of dull.

Adult books (I want them all, it's so hard to choose!)

Jamie Fraser - Outlander (Historical)

Cam Rohan - Hathaways (Historical)

Bones - Night Huntress (PNR/UF hybrid)

Barrons (& V'lane...yes, I know) - Fever (UF)

Jace & Marc - Shifters series (UF)

Zsadist, Rhage, Rehv, V, John Matthew - BDB (PNR)

Cyn - The League (Sci-Fi but reads like a PNR)

Rain, Bel, Gaelen, Kieran & Kiel - Tairen Soul (Fantasy)

Daegus & Adam Black - Highlanders (Historical/time travel)

Seth - Georgina Kincaid

Honorable mentions go to Leo from Hathaways, Ethan (sometimes, lmao) from Chicagoland Vamps, and Adam from Mercy Thompson.

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead

Young Adult (Jace and Dimitri...sigh)

Jace - Mortal Instruments (UF)

Dimitri and Adrian - Vampire Academy (UF)

Etienne St. Clair - Anna and the French Kiss

Patch - Hush, Hush (PNR)

Cam - Fallen (mediocre book, but the guy is HOT) (PNR)

Henry - The Luxe (Historical)

Will & Jem - Clockwork Angel (Steampunk/Historical)

Cassel & Barron - Curseworkers (UF)

Dante & Zo - Hourglass Door trilogy (Time Travel)

Valek - Poison Study (Fantasy)

Honorable mentions go to Finnick from Hunger Games trilogy, Kartik from Gemma Doyle trilogy, Ren from Nightshade, Kalona & Rephaim from House of Night, Tucker & Christian from Unearthly, Po from Graceling, Michael & Myrnin from Morganville Vamps and Archer from Hex Hall.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black The Hourglass Door (Hourglass Door Trilogy, #1) by Lisa Mangum Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder

message 37: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Stacia...what about Stark and Heath? Kalona and Rephaim are hot, but you got to give a shout out to Stark and Heath.

message 38: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 23, 2011 02:42PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Stark and Heath are okay...but I like Kalona and Rephaim more.

message 39: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments I see your point but there is something about Stark and Heath.

message 40: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I just want to give a shout out to Marcella for creating this ingenious thread~ I am still workin on my swoon worthy list in my head~ My contribution will be added soon... But WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA... Keep the great threads and posts coming ladies... You are what has made this group so 'Rad'

message 41: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Thanks Shell for the shout out but I can't take the credit. All of us have been talking about a thread like this for a long time. I just decided to create the thread. The credit goes to all of us.

I look forward to your list Shell. I too am still working on mine.

message 42: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments And in my defense you ladies keep throwing names at me that I forget which character belongs with which book/series.

Ok, I guess I have to give you that!

message 43: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Thanks! ;-)

message 44: by Leea (new)

Leea Stacia ~ the bad influence wrote: "Note : Sometimes I like a guy but don't love the book, so when in doubt you can always check out my reviews. Most of the books that are listed are ones I really do like though, with the exception ..."

UMMM Kick ass list Stacia... Way to go girl!!! Love love it and i cannot wait to meet some of those HOT men!

message 45: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Stacia ~ the bad influence wrote: "Note : Sometimes I like a guy but don't love the book, so when in doubt you can always check out my reviews. Most of the books that are listed are ones I really do like though, with the exception ..."

ahh i forgot Henry from Luxe! Haha we really have similar taste in books. I think I'm going to make a trip and pick up a copy of White cat this weekend since it's finally out on paper back i"m itching. Okay you read posion study also, how old was valek suppose to be?? because for most of that book I pictured this 40-something year old.

message 46: by SmittenKitten (last edited Feb 16, 2011 08:27PM) (new)

SmittenKitten | 3 comments Ok, here's my top 15.. this was tough!! :D

1. Bowen MacRieve – Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night by Kresley Cole
2. Branden Kel-Paten – Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair
3. Eric Northman – Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
4. Royce Westmoreland – A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught
5. Bastien Toussaint – Black Ice by Anne Stuart
6. Qhuinn – BDB series by J.R. Ward
7. Zsadist – Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
8. Lachlain MacRieve – A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
9. Spencer King – Riding on Instinct by Jaci Burton
10. Cadeon Woede – Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole
11. Lord Westcliff (Marcus) – It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas
12. Derek Sutherland – The Captain of All Pleasures by Kresley Cole
13. Dan Celebow – It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
14. Silver Hawk – A Pirate’s Pleasure by Heather Graham
15. Jamie Fraser – Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1) by Judith McNaught Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole
Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders, #3) by Jaci Burton Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas The Captain of All Pleasures (Sutherland Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman, #2) by Heather Graham Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ottilie wrote: "Stacia ~ the bad influence wrote: "Note : Sometimes I like a guy but don't love the book, so when in doubt you can always check out my reviews. Most of the books that are listed are ones I really ..."

I think Valek was maybe around 30? For the life of me, I can't remember his age. I think Yelena was 17 or 18 though. The author originally published the books as adult fiction, but they're now being sold as YA (in some stores you can find them in both sections), so I have a hard time figuring out how to categorize them. I'm not sure if the YA versions are toned down or not because there was still the rape scene in the one that I read.

Ahhh Henry. He's so delicious. I still am bummed about how that series ended though.

White Cat's sequel is called Red Glove and it's up on Simon and Schuster's Galley grab at the moment if you read from an ereader or mobile device.

message 48: by Pinda (new)

Pinda | 37 comments Ok Ladies, Since I haven't read as many books as you all my list is meager, but here is goes.

1. Jamie Fraser
2. JZB
3. Adam Black
4. Hawk - Monica MaCarty
5. Bones
6. BDB

message 49: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

SmittenKitten wrote: "Ok, here's my top 15.. this was tough!! :D

1. Bowen MacRieve – Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night by Kresley Cole
2. Branden Kel-Paten – Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair
3. Eric Northman – Dead t..."

Jamie number 15???? Wowsers~ I do believe that is a first?? Lol

message 50: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Most of us put him first.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6