Waterfall (River of Time, #1) Waterfall discussion

Other Books Like This?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book- it totally reignited my love of time-travel novels. Can anyone recommend another book like this? I know many of the classics, so I'm looking for more recent additions to the genre. Thanks!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Bergren I was thinking about my next series, and loving this time travel element, was considering a pirate rendition. Just ran across STEEL. Haven't read it, but maybe?

Stephanie Lisa wrote: "I was thinking about my next series, and loving this time travel element, was considering a pirate rendition. Just ran across STEEL. Haven't read it, but maybe?"

Lisa- I LOVE that idea of a pirate time travel for your next series- I'm sure that would be amazing!

Daniela I really did enjoy this book and I loved Cascade as well. I think a pirate rendition would be a great idea Lisa! I was truly captivated by this series and can't wait to read more of your work.

Rachel I like the pirate idea too. You can't go to wrong with pirates.

Megan I enjoyed this book as well. I'm not a big fan of romance, but "Waterfall" was the first book in a long time to keep me up until 3am. I love the Pirate idea as well.

As for other books like this, though it is not a time travel fantasy exactly, I also greatly enjoyed "The Circle" series by Ted Dekker.

Aria I really loved reading "Waterfall", my sister and I couldn't put it down and were so excited to read the second in the series. And the pirate idea sounds great!
I also really enjoyed "The Circle" series by Ted Dekker. Other books that I have recently read that have a time travel aspect in it would be "Ruby Red" by Kerstin Gier and "Timeless" by Alexandra Monir. Hope that helps!

Rachel I just heard about Ruby Red but I will check out Timeless.

Katherine I loved this book as well. Steel by Carrie Vaughn was great. The main character is a champion fencer.

Makaila I love this book "Waterfall". It is one of my new favorite books. If you like Romance, "The Healers Apprentice" is a great book.

Makaila P.S. IT is by Melanie Dickerson.

eve v. You should try The Viking Quest Series by Lois Walfrid Johnson. They're amazing! The romance does come in later on, but it's well worth it! ;)

Melanie Makaila wrote: "I love this book "Waterfall". It is one of my new favorite books. If you like Romance, "The Healers Apprentice" is a great book."

I agree!!

Rachel The Healer's Apprentice is good and I can't wait for the new book by Melanie Dickerson to come out later this year.

Makaila Rachel wrote: "The Healer's Apprentice is good and I can't wait for the new book by Melanie Dickerson to come out later this year."
What book? The only book i heard of was The Merchants Daughter or is that it!

message 16: by Riah (last edited Oct 08, 2011 10:54AM) (new) - added it

Riah I love this book. I've read both the first and the second. I own the 3rd but haven't read it yet. But sadly it's the only time travel book I've read... :(

Elaina I absolutely adored this series and was wondering if there was anything like this out there as well. I really hope Ms. Bergren will continue this series; I want more. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hannah My favorite book EVER! I cannot wait until you write more.(:

message 19: by Kristin (last edited Jan 21, 2012 08:28PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristin I read Steel and wasn't as into it as I was Waterfall. I liked Gabi a lot better. I don't know what YA would be good. I have read the adult time travel romance Outlander and loved it. Waterfall reminded me of a YA version of Outlander but instead of Italy the character is sent to Scotland. Outlander isn't a new book but I looked through your read list and didn't see it.

Melody If you're looking for some time-traveling books, I've found a couple that are the first of their series, and the second books are coming out sometime this year. They are: Timeless by Alexandra Monir, and Hourglass by Myra McEntire. They're really good.

As for Waterfall, I keep going back to the library to see if they have the second book in the series so I can finally read it, and they never have it! Popular read, I guess. :)

Veronica Makaila wrote: "I love this book "Waterfall". It is one of my new favorite books. If you like Romance, "The Healers Apprentice" is a great book."

"The Healer's Apprentice" was a great book! I love that it was set in medieval Germany :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Absolutely amazing! I was hooked from the first chapter! I love Gabi and I love Marcello and I love the whole series!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

none can top team marcello and i hope that there is more

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

but i wish she did more of just gabby and him...

message 25: by Nat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nat Nothing has been as good as this so far, but I did like Graceling

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

So everybody here love timetravelling but havent read marianne curley?
she has 4 timetravelling books, abselutely loove them :D
+ sage hannigan by peggy martinez
wander dust by michelle warren
once ever never by lesley livingston

message 27: by C. (last edited Sep 15, 2013 10:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

C. My first time travel book and I loved it was

The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

I am now reading Waterfall and enjoying it very much, and plan to read the next two books in the series.

BTW,Do not care in the least for pirate stories,so would not read such a series.

message 28: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate I loved this series so much. Thanks for your recommendation, Christine. It looks like a good book and I added it to my to-read list.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Makaila wrote: "I love this book "Waterfall". It is one of my new favorite books. If you like Romance, "The Healers Apprentice" is a great book."

I LOVE the healers apprentice! totally agree with you!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Makaila wrote: "Rachel wrote: "The Healer's Apprentice is good and I can't wait for the new book by Melanie Dickerson to come out later this year."
What book? The only book i heard of was The Merchants Daughter or..."

She wrote the merchants daughter too! But the Healers Apprentice is another one of her books!