What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. telepathic girl on quest for silent city with man to help her

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (last edited Feb 15, 2011 01:16PM) (new)

Julie | 4 comments Looking for a book I read in the mid 80's. I'm thinking it is a YA but not sure. It involves a young girl who can hear others telepathically. She is on a quest for a silent city where everyone communicates telepathically. She is "helped" along by a man (30's?) who is really from her future (maybe a husband?) but she doesn't know this. Can't remember much else - maybe she can use throwing knives as a weapon. I think the man used some kind of head sheild to keep her from reading his thoughts. I think the girl may grow up to be some kind of scientist. The man may have some kind of ship where he periodically leaves her. Thanks for the help!

message 2: by Aditi (new)

Aditi | 4 comments This is not helpful at all, but I'd love to read this.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 179 comments So do I!!! Not much help but the book sounds intriguing.

message 4: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments Oh my goodness! I hope your book gets found! I want to read this!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 179 comments What about The Silent City The Silent City by Elisabeth Vonarburg

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie | 4 comments No - not the Silent City but thanks for trying :)

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Julie, are you still looking for this book?

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 4 comments Yes, but I think there is no hope :)

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Julie--if you bump the thread up once every month or two, you will stand a better chance of getting it found. That way new members will see it and older members will have it in the forefront of their mind when they are out and about.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Julie, still looking?

message 11: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments Julie, don't give up! Find this book so I can read it!

message 12: by Serena (last edited Sep 08, 2014 09:22AM) (new)

Serena | 103 comments Have you looked at this list? :Best Novels About Telepaths

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response from Julie in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 14: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments If others of us would like to find it, can/should it be moved back out of abandoned?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Michele wrote: "If others of us would like to find it, can/should it be moved back out of abandoned?"

My idea about this specific type of thread is that it should stay in Abandoned, since it seems like the OP has abandoned it (and really abandoned it for quite awhile, at least two years, not a year or 18 months), but people should still feel free to solve it. Then if people arrive at a solution which seems convincing to everyone, we can call it Solved without the OP's participation.

Or, if anyone wants to message the OP or leave them a comment somewhere about this thread and see if they respond, that's fine.

I don't want to be so inflexible about it though that people get riled up.