Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > The Bruce Trilogy?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 102 comments I'm not sure what is going on so I hesitate to make changes. See The Crown in the Heather. Note there is a series title there, and if you click on the series link you'll only see one book, The Crown in Heather.

There is a set of three books commonly called The Bruce Trilogy: Steps to the Empty Throne, Path of the Hero King & Price of the King's Peace by Nigel Tranter. The subject matter of this and the Crown in Heather book are the same, Robert the Bruce, and I'm wondering if that's where the confusion came from.

Could someone please investigate and correct if needed? Thank you.

message 2: by Cait (last edited Feb 15, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Misfit, it looks like The Crown in the Heather is the first book in a new trilogy which will be called "The Bruce Trilogy"; there's only one book because only one has been written yet! (Edited to add: looks like I spoke too soon! I've added the second book in the series now.) The other Bruce trilogy is this one, yes? It seems to be called "Robert the Bruce" on most of the editions, but even if it were also called "The Bruce Trilogy" it wouldn't matter, since series names aren't required to be unique.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 102 comments Cait wrote: "Misfit, it looks like The Crown in the Heather is the first book in a new trilogy which will be called "The Bruce Trilogy"; there's only one book because only one has been written yet! (Edited to a..."

Thanks, that's why I wanted to check. Yes, I believe you have the right Tranter books. FYI, those three have been sold in one single volume and called The Bruce Trilogy and is commonly referred to by that name.

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Misfit wrote: "FYI, those three have been sold in one single volume and called The Bruce Trilogy and is commonly referred to by that name."

Thanks! I've added the single volume to the series listing and noted the alternate name.

message 5: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 102 comments Thank you for fixing it. There are some things I'd rather leave for the expert librarians :)