COTH Book Club discussion

Lord of Misrule > Lord of Misrule- During Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexactually) | 17 comments Mod
For discussion of Lord of Misrule during reading :)

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie I thought it was really interesting, not the type of book I'm usually drawn to but very worth reading. I liked that it was fiction with a horse backdrop that avoided falling into many of the traps that (poorly-written) horse-centric fiction is prone to...

message 3: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Broadhurst (reynardridge) | 32 comments I'm about half way through it and I think it is brilliantly written. The story is interesting so far, and I am intrigued enough to want to find out what happens next ... reading time is the issue ... I will finish it, but it is slow going!

message 4: by Mari Alice (new)

Mari Alice (snipper) | 7 comments It was the first "animal" book that didn't have me sobbing all through it for which I'm truly grateful. I really dreaded reading it when I saw it was "horsey".
After struggling with the writing for a few pages, I adapted and found it very interesting and the plot was well done. So much better than I thought it would be.

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 10 comments I am at the 'struggling with the writing for a few pages' stage. Glad Mari Alice wrote that as I was about to stop reading and just wait for the March book, given that February will be over in 4 days. I'll keep going for at least 50 pages.

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Broadhurst (reynardridge) | 32 comments 4 days? Yikes, not likely I will be done!