Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

series

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Are you reading any series? What # are you on in the series?

Does anyone know what the next book is after Buttercream Bump Off by Jen McKinlay in the cupcake bakery series?

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina (lancejrmommy) | 59 comments I am reading the Alex Cross series. I am on book 7 or so. I have a long way to go!

message 3: by Annika (new)

Annika Hi Stacey- it looks like that's the most current one, at least according to stopyourekillingme.com:
http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/M_A...

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments You anticipated me, Annika! I was just going to ask what that website is that gives you the series titles in order! So I just printed out Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch titles and Harlan Coben's Myton Bolitar titles for my hubby. You didn't know how much you helped me when you posted a few minutes ago, but thanks a ton! :-)

message 5: by Annika (new)

Annika Aw shucks:)

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments I have read all the Kay Scarpetta novels, all the Stephanie Plum novels, Harry Potter and Twilight! I am not currently reading a book from a series, but I will be right on the next ones of these!

message 7: by Stacey (last edited Feb 15, 2011 08:39PM) (new)

Stacey Thanks for the link, Annika. I totally forgot about that website. Are you reading the cupcake series? I found out #3 is Death by the Dozen. It's not listed on PBS yet.

Reading the series made me want to bake cupcakes! I made "authentic" red velvet cupcakes...Paula Dean style :) They're yumm.

message 8: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Gaaah! I have many series in the works. Sookie Stackhouse comes to mind. Just started a James Lee Burke series. Reading the last in Brendan Ocarroll series and there are more...

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Too many to list! But this week I get to pick up the new Charles Todd mystery from the library.

message 10: by Annika (new)

Annika Stacey wrote: "Thanks for the link, Annika. I totally forgot about that website. Are you reading the cupcake series? I found out #3 is Death by the Dozen. It's not listed on PBS yet.

Reading the series made me..."

I haven't read this series yet (or even heard of it:)). I haven't read a cozy mystery in a long time, but when I'm in the mood for them, there's nothing better:) Your Paula Dean cupcakes sound fantastic!

message 11: by Annika (new)

Annika I'm going to have to think about this. I read ALOT of mystery series.

message 12: by Liz (new)

Liz I have so many series I read that I can't name them all, but several have been mentioned here. Haven't tried the cupcake one yet though - have to check it out. stopyourekillingme.com is a favorite site of mine.

message 13: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) I am reading a brand-new book, the first in what will be a trilogy. It's called The Passage by Justin Cronin. I cannot say enough great things about this book. It's one of those you just can't put down. I hope he releases the second book soon!

message 14: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) Caroline wrote: "I am reading a brand-new book, the first in what will be a trilogy. It's called The Passage by Justin Cronin. I cannot say enough great things about this book. It's one of those you ..."

Caroline - I didn't know this was going to be part of a trilogy! I thought that book was fantastic! So glad there will be more!

message 15: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I just finished the last book in 2 series I'm reading! It's great to be caught up. The Women's Murder Club by James Patterson & Coffeehouse mysteries by Cleo Coyle.

message 16: by Liz (new)

Liz I liked the earlier Wome's Murder Club books best, before he started writing them with this woman. Can't remember her name, I'm lost without my book journals. I really enjoy the Coffeehouse mysteries although I fell behind on those & am just getting caught up again - I think I have 2 left to go.

message 17: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) Caroline wrote: "I am reading a brand-new book, the first in what will be a trilogy. It's called The Passage by Justin Cronin. I cannot say enough great things about this book. It's one of those you ..."

Sorry; just seeing this now. Yes, I am SO excited this is the first in a trilogy! I am very intrigued by how Cronin ended this book and CANNOT WAIT for the next one. Rumor is it's coming in 2012, I think. Also, you can read an interview with Cronin if you go to this book on Amazon and check out the customer reviews section.

message 18: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) Oops. Sorry about my above comment. I replied the wrong way; I meant to reply to Miranda. *blush*

message 19: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Caroline wrote: "I am reading a brand-new book, the first in what will be a trilogy. It's called The Passage by Justin Cronin. I cannot say enough great things about this book. It's one of those you ..."

I've heard good things about The Passage. I hope to get to it this summer.