~Opinions~ discussion

Countries > Portugal

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Just... talk. i really don't know what to say except that you can say whatever you want

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Portugal is cool :)

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Portugal isn't one of the most famous countries, I dare say. There doesn't seem to be any major problems there (right now), so it is not talked about much in the news. I could be mistaken though, I've been news-deprived for more than a week now (yes, it's been horrible - but worth it :) ). Has anything particularly bad or good happened in Portugal lately?

message 4: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) nothing international, as you said, and i'm pretty grateful for that, it's really nice to live in a country that is small enough not to be a target of terrorism, for example. It's mostly known for tourism

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yeah. I've never been, though I'd like to. Anything particularly interesting I should see if I ever go?

Oh yeah. We're small too, very small actually. Yet, we had a terrorist-attempt recently. Bunch of, ah, Muslims who wanted to bomb "Jyllandsposten" - the paper that published the Muhammed drawings. But, they didn't seem to care that Jyllandsposten shares headquarters with Politiken, which is a reliable and very good paper, that posted several articles where they made it very clear how much they disagreed with the Muhammed drawings. Plus, my uncle works there. Grr. Sorry, I'm still fuming over it. They were so close to succeeding.

message 6: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) it depends on what you're interested in, bech, snow, history or... I don't know.

message 7: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) "message from Portugal to Finland: What the Finns need to know about Portugal"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2pPSA...